States Battleship Game!
A fun and interactive way to help your students remember all 50 States!
*Two Game Boards
*Directions on How to Play
*Student Reference Map
How to Play:
1) Paper, rock, scissors to decide which player will go first.
2) Both players: Shield your game boards and choose 10 states to place your game pieces. Write them down on your Ship List.
3) Player 1 will call out a state
4) Player 2 will say “hit” or “miss”
5) If HIT, Player 2 will have to remove his/her ship and cross out the state on his/her Ship List and bubble-in the circle with a dry erase
marker. Player 1 will write a “H” (hit) or “M” (miss) on his/her the game board to keep track.
6) If it’s a MISS, the player will need to bubble in the circle with a dry erase marker.
***Use the Student Reference Map to help you with naming the states
7) Take turns
8) The player with all sunken ships surrenders!
*Needs to be laminated before use!