These worksheets are good tools for teaching students about the fifty states and their capital cities. In this packet, you will find the following worksheets and visual aids:
(1) State Capitals – Students must find all 50 state capitals and write them down on the blanks provided.
(2) The 50 States & Their Capitals – Students must write down the name of each state on the blanks provided.
(3) State Abbreviations – Teach students the proper postal abbreviations for all 50 states.
(4) State Nicknames – Teach students all of the state nicknames.
(5) and (6) Capital City Jumble – Two worksheets containing 15 problems each. Students must unscramble the names of capital cities and then list their respective states.
(7) A colorful map containing the 50 states and their capital cities
(8) A blank map of the 50 states.**
*The first 6 worksheets contain answer keys for easy, quick grading.
**The blank map can be used in several ways. Of course, students might label states and/or capital cities. You might also consider using it for coloring activities such as color-coding states by region or historical significance (such as labelling the original colonies).
50 States & Capital Cities - Worksheets for upper elementary- substitute lesson!
by Christopher Mitchell
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License