This printable student workbook can be used throughout the entire school year as your students study the states, capitals, and regions of the United States!
There is a workbook page for each of the states for your students to fill in by using their research skills. Also included is a cover page for the student workbooks. While researching, they will:
• label a state map using a map key (capital, major cities, major rivers)
• research each state flag and color accurately
• fill in information about the population and major cities
• fill in state symbols (tree, bird, flower) and color the state bird and flower accurately
• complete a writing prompt describing what they'd do if they traveled to that state.
• learn about a major landmark in each state and color it accurately
An optional back page is also included that can be printed on the back of each state page. This page asks students to :
• draw and fill out a population map
• list major industries
• name bordering states
• research the year the state was inducted into the union
• list major rivers
• determine 3 famous people from the state, and name their significant contributions
• list 2 other fun facts of their choosing
Please view the thumbnails and download the preview to find out more about what is included and how it can be used in your classroom!
**Buy this as a money-saving bundle with my 50 States Banner! The 50 States Banner and Workbook Bundle. These are my favorite resources to use together, and now they are bundled at a discounted price!**
If you have any additional questions about this product, please visit the "Ask a Question" tab in my TpT store. Thank you for looking!
You may also be interested in:
50 States Banner - A Creative States Report or Classroom Decoration
50 U.S. States and Capitals Flash Cards
50 U.S. States - Printable Student Resource Books
A Complete Landforms Unit
Landforms Flash Cards