52 Common Animals to Know – Includes English and Spanish Names
Kids love live animals and this unit includes photos of 52 common animals. Each photograph includes the name of the animal in both English and Spanish. The photographs are by professional photographers.
Featured animals… bear, deer, lion, elephant, tiger, giraffe, dog, cat, cow, horse, rooster, owl, parrot, cardinal, robin, hummingbird, sparrow, duck, stingray, shark, trout, guppy, frog, toad, salamander, tadpole, chameleon, alligator, lizard, gecko, snake, turtle, jellyfish, worm, octopus, crab, tick, spider, snail, slug, bee, dragonfly, beetle, ladybug, butterfly, moth, cockroach, ant, flea, fly, mosquito and grasshopper.
The PowerPoint includes 52 different photographs of animals all kids should know. Each photo has the English and Spanish name of the animal.
The PowerPoint slides are sized to print off on 8.5x11 paper. We suggest printing the images using photo paper or high quality card stock. Laminate for durability.
How to Use the Unit:
• The PowerPoint can be used to introduce and talk about animals. English and Spanish names are included for each animal.
• The PowerPoint slides can be printed off for use as bulletin boards or wall displays.
• The slides can be printed off in color or grayscale [to save ink].
• The PowerPoint slides can be printed off and used as student center cards.
• Worksheet: Kids draw and color two animals using the Spanish word as identification of the animals to draw.
• Two Worksheet: Kids match the Spanish words with photographs of the corresponding animals.
• Two Worksheet: Kids match the common name of animals with a photograph. Appropriate for very young kids.
From the Developer:
As teachers, we know how much children are fascinated with real animals. We used photographs of live animals rather than drawings or clipart for this TPT product. We actually took all the photographs for this product so there isn’t any question whether the proper rights have been obtained for reproduction in this commercial product.
You may also like our other related English/Spanish name products:
26 Common Plants and Fungi to Know
30 Common Mammals to Know
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, is for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources: