I have recently added several new products to my TpT store and this is one of them. Thanks for checking it out!
The Complex Societies and Civilizations Unit Guide
This document is a full unit plan for introducing Complex Societies and Civilizations and is designed to meet Common Core and NYS SS Framework guidelines, while incorporating CC ELA skills. Embedded in my unit plan is also an Inquiry Design Model that was inspired by C3 (College, Career, and Civic Life) Teachers. NYS SS Framework Key Ideas, Standards, Themes and Practices for unit 5.2 are also cited within this unit plan. However, if you teach outside of New York State, the unit topic (Complex Societies and Civilizations) may be a different 5th grade unit or fit within a different unit or grade level.
This unit guide includes:
- a compelling question to guide the whole unit and final debate
- ideas to stage the unit in order to get kids interested in the unit topic
- four supporting questions, used to divide or "chunk" the unit's parts
- formative student assessment ideas & brief plan for each supporting question
- featured resources that may be used for each performance task
- an extension suggestion, connecting unit to real life in today's world
- a list of the most essential vocabulary for this SS unit topic
- a bonus Monday’s Meaningful Menu plan idea
I designed, self-assessed, tweaked and used this unit in my own classroom with real students.
Do you have an observation coming up? I think your observer might find this document useful also.
Please remember, I’m selling my unit ideas and organized plans. I am not selling the website resource that I may have embedded as links within my plans. However, as it is possible for a web resource to change over time, I will try to check the links each year to ensure they still open to the page I chose and featured as a possible resource.
P.S. Don't forget to get your TpT Credit by providing feedback