Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Is your Romeo and Juliet Unit feeling tired? This 5.5 week unit is great for making Romeo and Juliet more fun and interesting! I have had great success with this unit and kids tell all of their friends (in different grades) about the fun they have competing throughout the unit! Bonus: This unit hits A TON of Common Core Standards!!
(1) Unit Calendar
(1) Shakespeare Research Project w/ Rubric and Group Evaluation Sheets
*This is also a separate listing in my store!*
(1) R and J Quick Writes- 7 total
(1) "R and J Tracking Sheet" to use throughout the unit
(1) Pack of Romeo and Juliet Supplementary Handouts (Capulet ball invite, wedding invite, and obituaries for several characters.)
(1) "Perfect Spouse Form"
(2) Anticipation Guides- 2 options, could easily choose "1" and use the other for something else!
(1) Prologue re-write assignment w/ student example!
(1) Set of FIVE Class Competitions with one doubling as the final assessment!
*4 different variations to use with different classes*
1) Alternative assignment for "The Great Debate" for students missing two or
more class periods of prep work for the debate or for students who didn't do
enough work to warrant an assessment grade in addition to the competition
Things to consider: I teach 9th grade and my class periods are 45 minutes long, I do independent reading for 10 minutes at the beginning of each class period, and this unit does NOT include guided questions or a traditional test!
My class is discussion based and the final assessment included is a debate.