The 24 Common Core Math Task Cards that most align with the standard 5.nbt.2 The questions may be different than what students typically see. The goal is to get the kids to APPLY the skill on the standard.
*Recording Sheet included.
*Answer key is included.
*Prints in grayscale, looks great on colored cardstock
Suggested use . . .
- Center or Stations
- Scoot (Place a card on each student's desk, allow an
allotted time to solve each questions, say, "Scoot" and play
music until the students are at the next desk).
- Scavenger Hunt ("hide" cards around the room, students
silently look and solve).
- Whole group (place a card under the overhead, students
solve, mix up the order to keep their attention).
- Small group or intervention time (4th graders that need a
challenge or 6th graders that need a review).
- Early Finishers (Place cards in a bucket, early finishers pull
a card and solve on their recording sheet throughout the
- Independent Practice
- Study or Flash cards
- Test Prep
Storing suggestions . . .
- Pencil box
- Business card holder
- Hole punch in upper left corner and keep on ring
The product is most aligned with the common core standard 5.NBT.2 Explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10, and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10. Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Thank you Bright Scrappy for the background graphic