1. These Lesson Plans cover word problems that involve the division of (a) a unit fraction by a whole number and (b) a whole number by a unit fraction. Unit fractions have a numerator of 1.
2. Students will create "visual fraction models" that include both pictures and number lines. The division is modeled both by the partitioning of the pictures and number lines into equal parts and by repeated subtraction on a number line.
3. Students will create equations, explore the inverse or opposite relationship between multiplication and division, and solve problems where both the group size and the number of groups are unknown.
4. These Lesson Plans include templates that allow teachers to modify and create additional practice problems for students.
5. These Lesson Plans should be read in connection with my Lesson Plans for Standards 5.NF.B.7.A and 5.NF.B.7.B.