Also included in
- Limited vocabulary, especially academic vocabulary, can be a huge barrier to student success in fifth grade. Effectively build your 5th graders’ academic language skills in 10 minutes per day with either print or digital activities that focus on building a strong foundation word knowledge.These simp$30.00$44.00Save $14.00
Limited vocabulary, especially academic vocabulary, can be a huge barrier to student success in fifth grade. Effectively build your 5th graders’ academic language skills in 10 minutes per day with activities that focus on building a strong foundation word knowledge.
These simple, targeted academic vocabulary activities focus on Tier 2 vocabulary to help transition students from word recognition to application.
When used as a daily warm-up, it gives your students a chance to discuss and utilize academic language through the research-based format identified by Marzano and colleagues.
This bundle includes 41 purposefully selected vocabulary words commonly seen on fifth-grade assessments and academic tasks, and daily practice scaffolds from identification to application and analysis as students build a deeper understanding.
Perfect for classroom use, intervention groups, or tutoring.
• Instructional guide w/ implementation suggestions
• Wordlist with definitions, parts of speech, synonyms & antonyms (NEW)
• Picture Word Wall Cards - perfect for ELL students (NEW)
• Student Word Cards - perfect for creating vocabulary rings
• 41 weeks of daily vocabulary warm-ups (5 additional weeks)
• 4 Quarterly Review Quizzes to monitor retention
• Answer keys for weekly review & quarterly quizzes (NEW)
Need the digital version? Find it here: 5th Vocabulary + Digital
❏ Monday: Introduction & part of speech
❏ Tuesday: Define the word & create a non-linguistic representation (visualize)
❏ Wednesday: Identify synonyms & antonyms
❏ Thursday: Apply your knowledge through writing
❏ Friday: Assess understanding & apply in context
This product is also available for the following grade levels:
Want to learn more? Check out this blog post about Daily Academic Vocabulary.
© Rebecca Davies. All rights reserved by author. These materials are intended for personal use by a single classroom only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip art and font credits.
Click here to contact me directly via email.