Also included in
- This 5th Grade Guided Math bundle includes everything you need to teach math in your fifth grade classroom. It includes daily materials, enough for you to use this as your math curriculum! Lesson plans are standards based and have a specific, achievable objective for each day. Units include pre and$96.00$152.00Save $56.00
Make teaching adding and subtracting fractions fun with this 5th grade hands-on math unit! Get games, worksheets, and lesson plans for teaching standards 5.NF.1 and 5.NF.42. Your students will learn about
- finding the least common denominator,
- creating equivalent fractions,
- adding fractions with unlike denominators,
- including mixed numbers.
- Students will learn to subtract fractions from a whole number,
- subtract fractions with unlike denominators,
- and subtract two mixed numbers.
- They'll also learn to determine if their answer is reasonable, plus solve word problems.
- Unit overview that shows which lesson is being taught each day
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards that help your students learn new vocabulary and incorporate it into their math conversations
- Questioning Cards to guide your lesson and group conversations
- Printables including posters, templates, manipulatives, and other tools to support your instruction
- 3 weeks of adding and subtracting fraction lesson plans that are teacher and student-friendly and are fully editable so you can adjust them to meet the needs of your students
- Problem of the Day in four different formats!
- Daily worksheets that are a quick check of the lesson taught each day. Each day 5 practice page is a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as formative assessment.
- Daily center activities that provide fun and engaging extra practice
- Additional resources including extra games, interactive notebooks and other resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit that use similar problems so you can directly gauge student growth
- Answer keys for the assessments and practice pages to save you precious time!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I love the guided math units because it allows my students to learn the skill by building on yesterday's lesson which makes it easier for them to retain.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I love this resource! I use it for intervention time and small groups. It is so helpful and give plenty of resources for different groups of students!
This is the ninth unit of 5th Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on Adding and Subtracting Fractions (5.NF.1,2) (TEKS 5.3H,K--download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a three week long unit.
5th Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF's included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
Get Digital Companions To Use Along With These Guided Math Units!
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED