Ever wish your students would read whole number times fraction word problems multiple times to understand and solve the problem? This collection of 10 common core story structure multiplication word problems are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies. Students will think critically and multiply whole numbers by fractions to solve problems.
"After four reads, students have said to me that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!"
Students read the fraction word problem four different times with a different purpose each time to help understand the problem:
★ #1 - Identify the basis of the problem and what it’s about.
★ #2 - Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe.
★ #3 - Create a model or drawing to represent the problem.
★ #4 - Write the equation that represents the problem.
★ Check out the full preview! Created for you, by the MDMathLady!
Need more quality resource material? Companion resource/product links below you may want to include in your collection of lesson plans. Make Math fun, dynamic & rewarding for your students!! ★★★★ 4 Star reviews make these great additions to your classroom!
• ★BEST SELLER! Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• 4th grade Winter Word Problems - Close Reading
• 4th grade Holiday Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Tricky Tens Game - Ways to Make Ten
• Dividing Larger Numbers - Introducing with Math Tools
• Conjectures - 5th Grade Fraction Multiplication Activity
• Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart
• Cross One Out - Math Warm Ups that Promote Reasoning
• 3rd Grade Perimeter Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Elapsed Time Word Problems - Close Reading!
★ YOUR positive feedback & product satisfaction make this store possible. Allow me to thank you in advance. More product additions coming soon!