5th Grade Back to School Math Activities | Beginning of the Year Math Games
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Are you looking for easy-to-prep, FUN games to use with your 5th grade class? Look no further! This yearlong fifth grade math game bundle is perfect for use again and again throughout the year. Your class will never be bored during math centers again! There are whole class math activities, oodles ofPrice $36.00Original Price $72.00Save $36.00
This 5th grade back to school math games pack includes EVERYTHING you need for reviewing math skills during the beginning of the year! With loads of fun back to school math activities, your students will be engaged all month long! Lots of fifth grade school math centers, games, and activities are included that spiral review fourth grade math skills for your 5th graders.
The best part about this game pack?? Your students get to review skills from the previous grade level! It's the perfect review after a long summer break! A recording sheet and answer key are provided with every game. A color and black version are available for easy printing.
Back to School Math Games for Kindergarten
Back to School Math Games for 1st Grade
Back to School Math Games for 2nd Grade
Back to School Math Games for 3rd Grade
Back to School Math Games for 4th Grade
Back to School Math Games for 5th Grade
- Addition and Subtraction Facts
- Multiplication & Division Facts
- Place Value to 1 Million
- 4 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication
- 2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication
- Prime and Composite Numbers
- Addition and Subtraction to 1 Million
- Add & Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
- ⭐Back to School Error Analysis Game (Place Value to 1 Million)⭐
Students look at each card and decide if the answer is right or wrong. Then, students put a green or red apple next to each one to show what they think of each answer. An answer key is included. Students practice place value to 1 million.
- ⭐Back to School Gameboard (Add and Subtract Large Numbers)⭐
Each time a student answers a card correctly, the student chooses a circle card randomly. The circle card tells whether to go forward or backward. The first person to make it to the finish line wins! Answer key & recording sheet included. Task cards practice adding and subtracting large numbers within 1 million.
- ⭐Build a Backpack Game (Add and Subtract Fractions)⭐
Students race to be the first to pack their backpacks in this game! Each time students answer a task card, they get to add part of their school supply list to their backpack. There are chance cards included too. You never know who’s going to win based on this twist. The first person to finish shopping for their supplies wins! All task cards include adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators.
- ⭐Math Sort (Prime and Composite Numbers)⭐
Students decide which kids belong in each classroom. Students sort the cards according to the correct answers. A recording sheet and answer key are also provided. In this math sort, students practice differentiating between prime and composite numbers.
- ⭐Teacher Mystery Game (Convert Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers)⭐
In this mystery, students try to figure out which teacher resides in each room! Once they solve each task card and know the answer, they know which teacher belongs where. They place that teacher at the correct door. For example, the purple-shirt teacher teaches in room 5 1/2.
Students practice converting improper fractions to mixed numbers.
- ⭐96 Back to School Math Puzzles⭐
Students practice putting together 4 types of puzzles together (16 of each): place value, 1 by 4 digit multiplication, 2 by 2 digit multiplication, rounding, prime and composite numbers, addition and subtraction. I like to print on colored paper. They are easy to put together and great practice for math centers.
- ⭐Back to School Whole Group Game: Multiplication and Division Game to Play with the Whole Class!⭐
- Way #1: Print and cut out all apples. Make sure all apples are cut in half. Randomly scatter the apples all over your classroom floor. Tell students they are trying to find as many matches as possible. Students hunt down apple halves that go together and collect matches. Set a time limit and let kids practice their math facts while playing!
- Way #2: Print out 2 sets of apples (red and green). Split kids into two teams. Scatter apples all over your classroom. The two teams race to find as many matches in their team’s color before time runs out.
- ⭐Digital Hide and Seek Game for Back to School⭐
Have you ever wanted a FUN activity that is 100% editable and can be customized to any age level / any standard you are teaching? Do you need a game that you can use with the whole class OR just a few students? Something that can be used over and over again without becoming boring? Look no further! Every student I've ever encountered has LOVED the concept of hide-and-seek. In this DIGITAL hide and seek game, students are tasked with finding the hidden object by guessing answers to questions on the screen. In this version, all slides are school-themed.
And the coolest part? It can work for ANY subject and ANY grade level! Every slide and every question can be edited however you'd like!
- This game is played in PowerPoint. Drag the object on the left behind any picture on the screen so it is “hiding”. Repeat this on each page so all 10 objects are hidden.
- Put the game in “Slide Show” mode to play!
- Have students “seek” where the object is by calling on students to say answers to the questions on the screen. Click to see if their guess is right.
- When you click each picture, it’ll magically disappear to see if the student has “found” the object!
- Whichever student finds the hidden object gets to come to the front of the room and call on students to guess on the next slide!
- Use the blank version to create whatever skill practice you’d like—math facts, letter recognition, spelling words…the sky is the limit!
**You can also play this in Google Slides and use it digitally. The way to set it up works slightly differently so make sure to read the included directions. **
- Addition Facts to 20
- Mixed Review of Addition Facts
- Addition Double Facts
- Subtraction Facts to 20
- Mixed Review of Subtraction Facts
- Multiplication Facts from 1-10
- Mixed Review of Multiplication Facts
- Division Facts from 1-10
- Mixed Review of Division Facts
- Identify Numbers
- Blank Version (Make your own questions!)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
5th Grade Yearlong Math Games Bundle
NO PREP BACK TO SCHOOL MATH PACKETS:
Kindergarten Back to School Math
See all Back to School Resources HERE!
Follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
Thank you so much,
The Lifetime Learner
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license at a discount!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org