This is the list of songs students need to complete each band karate belt. Additionally there are 6 requirements that must be met for each song.
1. Have good POSTURE with feet are flat on the floor & sitting up straight on the chair’s edge.
2. Have a good, clear TONE.
3. Play all the correct PITCHES/ NOTES.
4. Play the correct RHYTHMS by holding notes and rests the proper lengths.
5. Keep a steady TEMPO by keeping a steady beat during the song.
6. Answering a THEORY question about the song.
I use the Standard of Excellence Book 1 with my 5th grade. I see my 5th grade band students once a week. I have a more detailed belt system for my 6th grade.