This two-week lesson plan pack comes with printables, online activities, and digital versions of practice that will help your fifth graders review what they learned in fourth grade math. It also includes ready-to-go Google Slideshows (and pdf digital versions as well) so you can demonstrate in a remote classroom environment.
This unit was designed as a beginning-of-the-year review for incoming fifth-grade students. It addresses these critical focus areas in math for fourth grade:
Developing understanding and fluency with multidigit multiplication and division:
· Generalize their understanding of place value to 1,000,000
· Use models and multiple strategies for multidigit multiplication and division
Developing an understanding of fraction equivalence, ordering, and operations:
· Develop methods for generating and recognizing equivalent fractions
· Compose and decompose fractions from unit fractions
· Multiply fractions by whole numbers
Describe and analyze 2D shapes:
· Understand the properties of 2D objects
· Use their understanding to solve problems involving symmetry
Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Understand decimal notation for fractions and compare decimal fractions.