5th Grade ELA Test Prep Game Show, Paired READING Passages, & Practice Test
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Help your FIFTH GRADE students prepare for the standardized reading and language arts test with this fun resource bundle! Includes 4 games and 1 reading practice test. Bundle IncludesReading Practice Test Literature, Informational, Grammar 5th GradeVocabulary Kerplunk Review Game 5th GradeBuild A WoPrice $20.00Original Price $25.00Save $5.00
Say goodbye to boring test prep! Our Game Show Practice Review will keep your FIFTH GRADE students entertained while they read paired texts and study key concepts for the upcoming standardized test. Test your students’ knowledge of vocabulary, grammar, spelling, reading, and multimedia CCSS standards with this game show resource that includes questions in both PowerPoint and PDF. They’ll love the challenge and have fun practicing!
What You’ll Get
This resource includes two sets of paired reading passages (fiction and nonfiction texts and two nonfiction texts.) These passages are included in PDF format so they can be easily printed.
Game show includes 30 total questions, with five game questions plus a bonus question in each category. Each category is typed on its own page, so you can select to print all of the categories or just a few. Use it in a number of ways:
- as a review sheet to be used as the game is played.
- as a second review of the same material.
- as a review for an absent student.
Five Game Categories
Game Show review game covers 5 categories with 30 total questions in PDF file (6 in each category):
*Please note that the game show does not work in Keynote.
Why You’ll Love It
- Meets 5th Grade Common Core Reading & Language Standards
If your state’s standards are based on the Common Core, this product will likely align with your standards.
- Most questions are written in standardized-test format.
- Students practice test-format questions, which reduces their anxiety for taking the state test.
- Paired passages are on 5th Grade level and written in test format.
- Use passages during the week and then play game at the end of the week. Students will need to reference passages during game play.
- Use the American history-themed texts in reading or social studies class.
Use It Multiple Ways!
- Print all categories or just a few! Each category is on its own page
- Review sheet during game play
- Second review of material
- Review for an absent student
Teachers Love It!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This was a fun and engaging way to take a break from the monotonous test prep! Aligned wonderfully with the standards and tasks students are expected to complete. Thank you!” - Kaitlin L.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “We enjoyed playing this to prepare for state testing. The questions were appropriate in intensity, and the students were very engaged.” - Claudia G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This was a welcome change from traditional paper/pencil test prep! The students loved playing and the competitive nature of the game had students returning to the text like never before! That's a win!” - Liana C.
⭐Save $$$ with the Bundle⭐
Love to save? The 5th Grade Test Prep Bundle includes four games and a standardized-test formatted reading practice test. SAVE by purchasing the bundle vs. purchasing each resource individually!
Reading Practice Test Literature, Informational, Grammar 5th Grade
Vocabulary Kerplunk Review Game 5th Grade
Build A Word Affixes Card Game
Grammar & Spelling JENGA Review Game 5th Grade
ELA Game Show & Practice Review Test 5th Grade
Already purchased a resource from the bundle? You can still save! Simply submit a ticket to TPT to refund the cost of the individual resource after purchasing the bundle.
Copyright ©️ Amy Mezni
Permission to use with a single classroom only (one teacher).
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this resource.