This two+ week lesson plan pack comes with student printables, online activities, and digital versions of practice that will help your fifth graders tackle Operations & Algebraic Thinking AND Geometry. It also includes ready-to-go Google Slideshows so you can demonstrate in a remote classroom environment, interactive games, as well as self-graded Google Form assignments!
This unit was designed for fifth-grade students and is fully aligned to the CCSS-M. It addresses these standards:
Analyze patterns and relationships.
- Generate two numerical patterns using two given rules. Identify apparent relationships between corresponding terms. Form ordered pairs consisting of corresponding terms from the two patterns and graph the ordered pairs on a coordinate plane.
- Represent real world and mathematical problems by graphing points in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane and interpret coordinate values of points in the context of the situation.
Write and interpret numerical expressions.
- Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
- Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them.
Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Use axes to define a coordinate system.
- Represent real world and mathematical problems by graphing points in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane, and interpret coordinate values of points in the context of the situation.