Ever wish your students would read fraction division word problems multiple times to understand and solve the problem? This collection of 10 common core story structure word problems involving fraction division are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies.
Students read the fraction division word problem four different times with a different purpose each time:
★ 1st Read: Identify what the problem is about.
★ 2nd Read: Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe.
★ 3rd Read: Create a model or drawing to represent the problem.
★ 4th Read: Finally write the equation that represents the problem and solve it.
After four reads, students have said to me that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!
• Please check out the FULL PREVIEW ...new additions added often!
Thanks for visiting!
Math Lady in MD
Other ~Math Lady in MD~
hand-picked selections you may also like:
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: x4 Multiplication
• 5th Grade Fraction Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 5th grade Decimal Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 5th Grade Volume Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Rubric for Problem Solving (*wait for it ….. FREE!!)
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers
• Mult-O! Multiplication Partner Game for x5 and x10 math facts
• Dividing Larger Numbers - Introducing with Math Tools
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit BUNDLE: All Multiplication Facts
★ Math is Good: Do what makes sense. Make sense of what you do.