Each of the English Language Arts Common Core State Standards for 5th grade has been written as an "I can" statement. Each page contains one "I can" statement and the corresponding CCSS.
This document includes all the standards, plus labels for each of the domains (Reading for Literature, Writing, etc.). An extra frame and label are included at the end for your personal use.
Tips for use:
1. Place each page in a clear plastic page protector and hang on hooks/pins on the wall each day so students can easily see the “I can” statement to be covered.
2. Print as labels. Choose the printing feature of “8 pages per sheet” or use the copier to reduce to your desired size. Glue (or use a Xyron sticker machine) to label any materials with the standard they support. Think about your learning centers, practice books, folders full of resources, etc.
3. Print as awards. As students demonstrate mastery of standards, print a copy for them to take home and show off to parents. (Consider printing ½ size or ¼ size to save paper and trees!)
4. Use as binder dividers for storing and organizing assessments, data, or extra practice worksheets.
5. Two blank frames are included at the end of this document for your use. You may decide to change an “I can” statement or break up the standards differently. You could also use the blank frames to create “I can” statements for other subject areas.
The original purchaser of this document is granted permission to copy for teaching purposes only. If you are not the original purchaser, please take the time to visit my blog for information on how to download from my stores:
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy granted for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Editing, selling, posting, or redistributing this item or any part of this item is strictly prohibited without permission from the author. Please contact me at MyCleverEndeavors2@gmail.com with any questions or requests for permissions.