Also included in
- Math skill practice is still very much needed in classrooms. However, it doesn't have to be a stack of worksheets. It also doesn't always have to be a complicated, high-prep game. These Roll and Answer math activities for 5th grade are an easy way to spice up much-needed math practice.To complete th$10.00$16.00Save $6.00
- Do you want your math stations and guided math centers done for the year? This 5th grade guided math bundle is the only resource you will need to have your math centers done for the year!Need Another Grade Level?Click here to see the 3rd Grade Guided Math Mega Bundle.Click here to see the 4th Grade$95.00$176.50Save $81.50
Math practice is still much needed in classrooms. However, it doesn't have to be stacks of worksheets. And it doesn't always have to be a complicated, high-prep game. These Roll and Answer math activities are an easy way to spice up much-needed math practice.
Put simply, the students roll two dice and add the amount shown. They find that amount on the page and solve that problem or answer that question.
You have the ability to keep them as simple as that or you can be more creative.
•Independent practice that is a bit more engaging than a worksheet
•Partner practice that allows students to work together to earn “points”
If you are familiar with BUMP and want a bit more gamification, you can use this as a BUMP game instead.
This specific set of Roll and Answer math centers includes 14 ready to use, self-checking math center games for the Numbers and Operations: Base Ten Common Core Standards for 5th Grade.
Here are the skills/activities included (one activity per skill):
- Writing decimals represented by models
- Understanding adjacent place value
- Multiplying by powers of 10
- Dividing by powers of 10
- Writing decimals in word form
- Writing decimals in number form
- Writing decimals in expanded form
- Comparing decimals
- Ordering decimals
- Rounding decimals
- Multi-digit multiplication
- Multi-digit division
- Adding and subtracting decimals
- Multiplying and dividing decimals
The Roll and Answer math activities come in a printable and digital version.
Both versions can be completed independently or with partners, depending on your needs. Make sure you select the directions that you need.
The printable Roll and Answer math activities are included in color and an ink saving version.
The Roll and Answer math activities are also included in a digital version for use with Google Slides™.
The students use virtual dice (linked on the slides) to determine which question or task they will answer. A tutorial is included for students to help them use the virtual dice.
There are two options for directions: one for independent student use and one for partner use.
Digital recording sheets and self-checking answer keys are included. The self-checking answer keys can be deleted if you do not want the students to self- check their work.
The digital math activities can be used for math centers, digital math practice, partner activities, or even digital distance learning.
Please see the video preview to see how the digital math activities work.