Also included in
- 4th and 5th grade holiday and seasonal math centers and activities for the ENTIRE year!Note: The math activities and centers included in this resource are available in printable, color versions AND digital versions.About the Math Activities and CentersThis HUGE holiday math center bundle includes 18$54.00$99.50Save $45.50
Start your year off with these back-to-school math centers that review 4th grade math skills (making them perfect for the beginning of 5th grade).
Note: The back to school math activities are now available in digital versions as well as printable activities! See pages 4-11 of the PDF for the details and links.
This back-to-school resource includes 13 math centers that review 4th grade math skills
- These back-to-school math activities are perfect for the beginning of 5th grade and before you have taught new skills.
- These back-to-school math activities and centers can be used at the beginning of the school year to teach math center procedures and/or small group procedures.
- The activities can be completed by the students while you do small group math benchmarking or math conferencing with students.
Here are the specific back-to-school math activities included:
- Place Value Riddles
- Place Value Review
- Crayon Match-Up
- School-Themed Word Problems
- Back-to-School Cupcakes
- Back-to-School Cupcakes
- Back-to-School Word Problems
- Folder Fractions
- Simplest Form Sort
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions Word Problems
- School Supply Shop
- Name It!
- Pencil Box Patterns
4th Grade Math Skills:
- Place Value
- Rounding, Comparing, and Writing Numbers
- Representing Whole Numbers
- Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers - Word Problems
- 4th Grade Multi-Digit Multiplication
- 4th Grade Multi-Digit Division
- Multiplying and Dividing Whole Numbers - Word Problems
- Comparing Fractions
- Simplifying Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
- Adding and Subtracting Money (Decimals)
- 2-D Shapes and Geometric Elements
- Patterns (with Multidigit Multiplication)
About the Digital Back-to-School Math Activities
•The digital back to school math activities are available for use with Google Slides. Click here for a step-by-step guide for assigning Google Slides in Google Classroom.
•Each digital math activity includes a direction page with an image of the center.
•Recording sheets are not included for the digital math centers since the students do all of the work on the slides. However, you could use the printable recording sheets for extra accountability.
*The content for the digital math activities is the SAME as the printable math activities. It has been modified for optimal digital use and engagement.
•For answer keys, please refer to the digital answer key or the printable answer keys.
•Check out the video preview to see the digital back to school activities.
Want more non-seasonal math centers (printable + digital) for 5th grade?
More 5th Grade Math Activities and Resources:
- 5th Grade Math Exit Slips (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Math Journal Prompts (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Roll and Answer Math Practice: All Standards (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Math Sorts (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Find the Error Math Tasks (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle: All Standards
- 5th Grade Math Differentiated Skill Sheets (Digital + Printable)
- Math Prove It Tasks for 4th and 5th Grade (Digital + Printable)