Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- The Great Classroom Escape's mega bundle of fifth grade math escape rooms address many of the 5th grade Common Core math standards and are a great way to review for end-of-year testing, provide extra practice, or encourage collaboration among students. These online escape room do not require any pri$68.40$85.50Save $17.10
These cool math activities are sure to keep your fifth graders engaged during the busy holiday seasons. The best part is that these digital escape rooms are very low prep (most just have a page or two to print), and they are fully automated by a Google Form™! Note that this does NOT require Google Drive™ or e-mail addresses for students. Anyone with internet access and a computer or tablet can complete these digital breakouts!
- A pumpkin/Halloween themed digital breakout lets your students practice place value and rounding with decimals as they save the pumpkins.
- The Thanksgiving escape room comes in digital and print versions and has students evaluating expressions with order of operations, working more with decimals, solving logic puzzles, and working on word problems.
- Revenge of the Gingerbread man is great to use before winter break/Christmas time (no specific holidays are mentioned). Students will try to breakout of the bakery by adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals; solving word problems, recognizing patterns with powers of ten, and solving logic puzzles.
- The Valentine's Villain will require students to demonstrate their knowledge of adding and subtracting fractions in order to save the candy.
- Operation Free the Leprechaun is a fun St. Patrick's Day math challenge where students have to multiply fractions, find points in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane, work with decimals, and solve logic puzzles.
- The Year-End Operation Save Summer Vacation will have students race to activate a time machine by adding, subtracting and multiplying fractions; multiplying and dividing by powers of ten; comparing expressions with parentheses using order of operations, and much more!
Escape rooms are a great way to encourage collaboration, review skills, provide enrichment, and keep kids actively engaged!
What's included in the PDFs?
- Quickstart guide
- Detailed instructions & tips
- Printable intro page with QR code to access the Google Form™ (optional)
- URL to access the Google Form™.
- Detailed answer key
- Success signs to snap photos with after completing the activity (optional)
- Optional link for Google Drive™ users to create a copy of the form to save to their own drives in order to view student results.
- Do students need to have Gmail™ accounts? NO! Anyone with internet access and a tablet, computer, or even phone can complete the breakout.
- How long will this take? Most students will be able to complete these activities in under 45 minutes. You can allow 60 minutes to be safe. The form will not save student data, so if you are worried about your students not finishing on time, simply have them write their answers on scratch paper. They can then come back and quickly re-enter their answers and pick up where they left off.
- Will students have to search the web to figure out the puzzles? NO! All of the information needed will be provided in the Google Form™. The math in this activity is all standards-based.