Also included in
- POSTERS: Proficiency Scales are the ultimate Standards Based Grading tool! They don't just motivate a Growth Mindset, they define how students can demonstrate mastery. Every learning standard is broken down into 4 levels of Differentiation. Also known as a scaffolding for learning. These Posters lea$79.00$104.00Save $25.00
Proficiency Scales are the ultimate Standards Based Grading tool! They don't just motivate a Growth Mindset, they define how students can demonstrate mastery. Every learning standard is broken down into 4 levels of Differentiation. These Posters lead students up a progressive learning path that mirrors the way they develop concepts. Aligned to Bloom’s or Marzano’s Taxonomy of cognitive skills. From easiest-hardest: (Recall/Retrieval, Comprehension, Analysis/Application, and Knowledge Utilization/Synthesis).
4. Level 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill.
3. Level 3 represents proficiency in each math standard. see the stars*
2. Level 2 will include content from the previous grade level and new vocabulary that must be applied correctly for mastery of level 3.
1. Level 1 will either be derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels.
Students review EASY learning goals from previous grade levels in sections, “Levels” 1 and 2. These first two levels set them up to see simple examples of the connections between what they know, and what they must do this year. “Level” 3, or section 3, includes questions they should master this year. “Level” 4 includes optional enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented thinkers.
How to Use these Posters:
1. Print the ones you are currently planning instruction for. (color/black and white)
*Option: Display them digitally on a white board while you teach!
2. Briefly review levels 1, 2, and 3 (in that order) so your students can access prior knowledge and pre-assess themselves.
3. Refer to the poster while you teach and practice new skills. Students will see their progression.
4. Offer examples for each level of the proficiency scale (See Assessments linked below!)
Assessments can be used as pre- and post-tests for students to demonstrate and document mastery and growth.
5. Refer to the levels 1 and 2 to create appropriate modifications for targeted instruction or small group practice.
6. Use Level 4 to modify or create enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented students.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
* PDF version for printing.
* This document is flexibly aligned to the original Common Core standards because it is 50% EDITABLE.
Download the FREE PREVIEW Posters to try in your classroom. This resource represents a sample of the complete set of standards for Math which will include every standard in color, black & white, and EDITABLE Standards, and LEVELS 3 and 4 on every poster. These posters are ideal for anyone in a state or district that has modified Common Core standards. Click the link to watch the VIDEO that demonstrates the editable features. Editable Posters with Learning Goals and Scales
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
1. One color poster with learning goals and editable scale (levels 3 & 4) for every standard.
2. One black & white poster with learning goals and editable scale (levels 3 & 4) for every standard.
3. Five editable blank color posters, one for each cluster (OA, NBT, NF, MD, G), if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students.
4. Five editable blank black & white posters, one for each cluster (OA, NBT, NF, MD, G).
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her classroom. The EDITABLE content is for your convenience! The content is STILL under copyright and MAY NOT be used to create new resources for free, for sale, or for sharing on school databases without written permission from Melanie LiCausi at Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. Please contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org or purchase additional licenses through your “My Purchases” page.
For a MORE AFFORDABLE version of this document that is NOT EDITABLE follow this link...