Also included in
- Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math puzzles and board games. This year-long bundle has math puzzles and board games for all the 5th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small group$86.75$173.25Save $86.50
- Are you always searching for engaging stations for specific math skills? You found the perfect 5th grade math centers set for the entire school year! Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math centers. This year-long bundle$134.00$268.00Save $134.00
You found the perfect 5th grade math review! Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math board games. This year-long bundle has math games for all the 5th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small group instruction activity or even early finisher activity. You can also use these math games as a spiral review throughout the year. A fun test prep review, too! Your students will love completing these math board games while mastering the content standards along the way. This full year bundle includes 30 sets of math board games, with each set containing 41 problems. View the preview above to see a detailed look at everything in this huge bundle. You can also find a list of all the skills and concepts included below. Save 50% by purchasing this math board game year long bundle for 5th grade.
The following items are included in this 80+ page resource:
• Board Games List with Standards
• Directions Page for Students
• 30 Board Games
• Answer Keys for each Board Game
• Recording Sheet for Students (5 different options!)
What’s the best way to use this board game?
- Math Centers or Stations
- Whole Group Practice
- Morning Work
- Early Finisher Activities
- Send home to engage students’ families
Tips for Playing this Math Game:
- Read the directions to the students and model how to play.
- Be prepared with dice/spinner and game pieces for each player (paperclips, pencil top erasers, pieces from another game, etc.)
- Every student should solve every problem - not just the person who rolls.
- Create groups of 2-4 students. The lower number of students means the more focused students are while playing.
- Remind students that the focus is not playing the game but that’s just an added bonus! The focus should be on practicing math skills.
- Show students how to compare and discuss answers. Did you both get the same answer? If students get different answers, ask them to solve the problem using a different strategy or help coach each other through the problem.
Do your students need math practice? Students will be playing a game and will often forget that they are even practicing math skills! Research shows that challenge-based gamification in the classroom leads to an increase of 34.755% in student performance (ScienceDirect, 2020).
The best part? Your students will quickly learn the instructions to play the board game and will get right to work on playing (and practicing) their math skills. This resource is easy to use and requires very little prep. It’s also printer friendly so you’ll only use black ink!
Operations and Algebraic Thinking (3 games)
Number and Operations in Base Ten (13 games)
Number and Operations – Fractions (8 games)
Measurement & Data (3 games)
Geometry (3 games)
★ Check out the preview to see exactly what is included in this WHOLE YEAR bundle!
★ Printer Friendly Resource! All pages are in black ink ONLY. If you are looking to add color, feel free to print on colorful cardstock.
★ Each of these games are sold separately.
★ Looking for games for 2nd grade? 2nd Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 3rd grade? 3rd Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 4th grade? 4th Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 6th grade? 6th Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Very easy to use and I truly believe students learn best through game play.” -Tony
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students love playing games and a simple, easy prep game like this is a great addition to math centers, early finisher activities, and review days.” -Nicole
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
You may also like…
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org