5th Grade Summer Math Packet ~ Summer Prep Packet for Incoming 6th Grade Math Students
Looking for a good way to review core 5th grade math concepts with your students? This math review packet covers some of the major topics taught in 5th grade math.
- multiplying & dividing whole numbers
- decimal place value, word form & expanded form
- comparing & ordering decimals
- all 4 operations with decimals
- adding & subtracting fractions & mixed numbers
- multiplying fractions by fractions & fractions by whole numbers
- dividing whole numbers by unit fractions and unit fractions by whole numbers
- Metric System measurement conversions
- Customary System measurement conversions
- Volume of rectangular prisms using a formula & volume of irregular figures by counting cubic units
The packet contains 100 questions for the students to solve, as well as worked-out examples and descriptions of how to solve the various types of problems. An answer key is also included.
This math packet would make an excellent summer math packet for 5th grade students, but it would also be a great August/September back to school review for 6th graders, as well as good practice of core concepts before standardized or state testing for any middle school student. It also would be great to leave for emergency sub plans!
Please download the preview file to see all that is included!
Need a summer math packet for a different grade? Check out:
- 4th Grade Math Review Packet
- 6th Grade Math Review Packet - Level 1
- 6th Grade Math Review Packet - Level 2
- 7th Grade Math Review Packet
- Pre-Algebra Math Review Packet
- Algebra I Math Review Packet
The 17 pages of this download include:
- cover page
- credit page
- 5 student work pages (100 total questions)
- 5 pages of explanations & worked out examples
- 5 pages of answer keys