Fun activity for Read Across America Week.....On March 2nd, kids all over America will be taking time out to read. As you are celebrating reading, why not incorporate a whimsical math review page into your math time.
Although I made this to incorporate into March 2nd activities, it's really perfect for any day. It doesn't refer to any particular date, celebration, or character.
This fun math and coloring activity is perfect to review a few skills you have worked on this year. Students will solve the problems, color the pictures, cut the page out, and hang to display. There is also a 'work mat' sheet that is made to glue to the bottom of the 'whimsy world of math' sheet if students need more work space. This math activity is a fun way to carry your reading festivities into math class.
I have also included an answer key, so that you can grade it if you would like.
This activity is perfect for a March 2nd as you are celebrating Read Across America or any day. Use it for morning work, homework, whole class graded activity, and even for a sub activity.... so many ways to use in the classroom.
The title of this math review sheet is "Whimsy World of Math".... Students will show what they know by reviewing these skills:
• 1 multiplication of decimals problem - using standard algorithm
• 1 order of operations
• 1 multiplication of a decimal with a power of ten
• 3 Rounding Numbers to the underlined decimal place
• 3 comparing decimals
• 2 change the improper fraction into a mixed numberal
• 1 add the fraction and simplify
• 1 find the volume using the given measurements
• 1 solve the division problem (dividing a 5 digit dividend by a two digit divisor). My
students will use partial quotients on this one.
Please, if you ever see any mistakes on the skill sheet of answer key... just send me a quick message before you rate the product, and I will have it corrected in a jiffy! Thank you so much!