Products in this Bundle (19)
showing 1-5 of 19 products
Printable PDF files are included for all resources. Six resources also include a digital Google Slides™ version for distance learning. Bundled are 19 math resources for 5th grade which address key problem-solving skills, vocabulary activities, basic operations. Some use QR coding for instant feedback. Full answer keys provided.
--- RESOURCE DETAILS ---
These 19 math resources for grade 5 engage students in a variety of challenging and effective math activities. The problem-solving stories require the solutions to multiple problems. They must use comprehension skills with the story problems and then apply their math understanding to pull relevant information and use multi-steps in order to arrive at the correct solution. Some skills addressed in the multi-step stories include perimeter, adding, multiplying, money, squaring, decimals, subtracting, dividing, time, percent, measurement, fractions.
The math vocabulary and meanings resources give 5th-grade students multiple approaches to learning and retaining essential vocabulary terms. The math puzzles are very motivating and provide excellent practice with basic operations. Some activities use QR code technology to give immediate feedback. Full answer keys are provided on all relevant resources. The activities are great for homework, practice, centers, or test prep. Most activities are no-prep with other just minimal preparation needed. All resources are aligned with the common core and other state and national math standards.
PDF pages in the resources can be printed either in color or grayscale with good results. These activities are effective as a homeschool or summer reading resource and are easily adaptable to existing lesson plans. The worksheets and activities can be used as a quick comprehension assessment tool.
Listed below are brief descriptions of each product and links to the actual products for more in-depth information.
• Math Word Problem Challenges This best-selling math product is challenging but very effective. Each story presents several math challenges that students must complete. This offers real-life realistic math scenarios that allow students to see math relevance. Great for partner work, groups, or centers. 40 pages.
• Math Story Problem Task Cards Similar to the Math Word Problem Challenges, these story problems are in task card form. Each story has four corresponding math challenges that students can complete. These are challenging but very effective in giving students practice with math tasks. 60 task cards. 21 Pages.
• Grade 5 Math Vocabulary Task Cards 60 task cards that review key math vocabulary terms. Includes optional use QR codes on each card for Smartphones or tablets. A great tool for student review or test preparation. 21 pages
• Grade 5 Math Vocabulary Bingo Another very effective, fun and motivating tool for helping students learn important math vocabulary terms. Includes 30 boards for large group play. 40 pages
• Grade 5 Math Vocabulary Words and Meanings Worksheets These effective math vocabulary no-prep worksheets with QR code technology includes 75 essential math vocab. terms and meanings that students in 5th grade should master. Addresses core standards. 33 pages.
• Grade 5 Math Vocabulary Flash Cards Included are 75 essential math terms and definitions that students in 5th grade should master. Simple print, cut, fold system. Includes ideas for vocabulary games. Great for review, test prep, and homework. 20 pages
• Best Multi-Digit Multiplication Worksheets Students often have difficulty with multiplying larger numbers. These worksheets provide ample practice with multi-digit multiplication. The QR coding system provides immediate feedback and motivation. Any smart device with a camera and a QR code app can read the QR codes. 33 pages.
• Best Long Division Worksheets Students often have difficulty with long division. These worksheets provide ample practice with beginning long division problems starting with the most basic and progressing in small incremental steps to more complex problems. The first 15 worksheets provide a progression of skills and the last 3 provide mixed review. 39 pages.
• Best Lattice Multiplication Worksheets Students often have difficulty learning the traditional method for multiplying larger numbers. Lattice multiplication is an alternate technique that many students find easier and more enjoyable than other ways. It provides a different way to think about multiplication and builds a solid conceptual understanding. Even students who are proficient with multiplication benefit from learning this method. 33 pages.
• Multiplication - Lattice Puzzles These puzzles present a unique and fun way to complete multiplication problems. Highly motivating with riddles to add even more motivation. 28 pages.
• Multiplication Bingo What better way to learn the multiplication facts than with motivating games of bingo. All facts 2-12 are represented. Includes 30 boards for large group play. 40 pages.
• Math Basic Operations - Block Puzzles Challenging but fun puzzles that require students to place digits 1-9 in the proper boxes so all number sentences running horizontally and vertically are true. Uses all four math operations. 40 pages.
• Math Basic Operations - Math Riddles Effective and fun puzzles that require students to correctly complete 8 different math challenges on each page using various operations. The answers are matched to letters which can be used to answer riddles. 27 pages.
• Math Pyramids: Addition and Subtraction Problem Solving Fun little puzzles that require addition and subtraction skills to solve. Includes full answer keys. 28 pages.
• Math Basic Operations - Triangle Puzzles A unique puzzle in the shape of a triangle that requires students to multiply and perform another math operation to complete each problem. Answers are matched to letters which can form the answer to a posed riddle. 28 pages.
• Math Basic Operations - Cross Puzzles These are similar to little crossword puzzles only in math form. Students must find the correct digits for the missing cells in order to make the crossing number sentences true. Riddles are added for additional fun. Highly motivating and effective. 28 Pages.
• Math Basic Operations Algebraic Thinking Picture Puzzles Fun but challenging math picture puzzles effectively sharpen critical-thinking and problem-solving. Students use algebraic thinking to determine values of pictures and solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, division equations. 44 Pages.
• Fractions Bingo A great game for the reinforcement and review of key fractions concepts. Includes detailed calling cards and 30 boards for large group play. 40 pages
• Fractions Task Cards 84 well-designed task cards for the review and reinforcement of essential fractions concepts. Common Core aligned. Can be used with QR code reading apps or answer key. 27 pages.
Please note that some of the products in this grade level bundle may crossover into other bundles. Some products may be appropriate for more than one grade level.
--- ABOUT THE AUTHOR ---
Rick Whitehead has been a teacher and author for over 30 years in public and private practice. His background includes teaching in public schools, curriculum development, school program design, private mentoring and author of juvenile fiction. He is devoted to helping children learn and grow by providing high-quality resources that are highly motivating and effective even for the most reluctant learners.