Also included in
- Do you want your math stations and guided math centers done for the year? This 5th grade guided math bundle is the only resource you will need to have your math centers done for the year!Need Another Grade Level?Click here to see the 3rd Grade Guided Math Mega Bundle.Click here to see the 4th Grade$95.00$176.50Save $81.50
Math sorts are excellent math activities that will push your students' learning and thinking as they explore new math topics. This print and digital math resource includes math sorts for every 5th grade common core math skill.
- This resource includes 28 math sorts, one for each standard/substandard for 5th grade common core.
- The math sorts are included in printable format and a digital format for use with Google Slides.
- Answer keys for the math sorts are included in the PDF file.
Each printable math sort is 2 pages: 1 page for the pockets and directions and one page for the sorting cards.
Using the Printable Math Sorts
These sorts work perfectly in an interactive notebook, but would also work in a center. You could even glue the pockets to a file folder and create an instant sorting game for fun review. I have included a few generic recording sheets if you wish to go with this option.
Print the sorts with four pockets at 70% and the sorts with three pockets at 80% to fit all the pockets on one page in a spiral notebook.
The digital math sorts are included for use with Google Slides.
The math sorts are all separated by skill. The links to access the digital math sorts can be found on pages 3 and 4.
A digital answer key is also included for easy grading of the math sorts or to have students self-check.
- Order of Operations – True or False Sort
- Order of Operations – Sort by First Operation
- Operation Word Sort for Writing Expressions
- X and Y Table Sort
- Adjacent Place Value Sort
- Working with Powers of 10 Sort
- Representing Decimals Sort
- Comparing Decimals Sort
- Rounding Decimals Sort
- Multi-Digit Multiplication Sort
- Multi-Digit Division Sort
- Decimal Word Problems Sort
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions Sort
- Fraction Word Problem Sort
- Fractions and Division Sort
- Multiplying with Fractions Sort
- Area of Rectangles with Fractional Sides Sort
- Multiplication as Resizing Sort
- Fraction Word Problem Situation Sort
- Dividing with Unit Fractions Sort
- Measurement Conversion with Comparing Sort
- Line Plots and Data Sort (Printable Only)
- Volume by Counting Unit Cubes Sort
- Using the Volume Formula Sort
- Coordinate Grid 1 Sort (Decimals)
- Coordinate Grid 2 Sort (Whole Numbers)
- 2-D Statements: True or False Sort
- 2-D Shape Hierarchy Sort
The math sorts could be used as part of your interactive math lesson, for RTI or reteaching, in math centers, tutoring, or even homework. The students could create a notebook of sorts that they continually practiced and sorted for homework throughout the year.
The digital math sorts can be used as a digital math center, digital homework option, or for distance learning.
Make sure you grab the FREE Launching Math Centers Starter Pack with review centers to help you launch your centers. You can grab it by clicking here.
- 5th Grade Math Test Prep Review
- 5th Grade Find the Error Math Tasks
- Math Prove It Tasks for 4th and 5th Grade (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Math End of the Year Activities
- 5th Grade Decimal of the Day Review
- 5th Grade Math Choice Boards
- 5th Grade Math Differentiated Skill Sheets
- 5th Grade Math Posters
- 5th Grade Math Journal Prompts