Also included in
- These math centers are engaging activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own. These math concept sorts are perfect to add to an independent math center. Ways to use: whole group lesson, small group l$25.00$37.50Save $12.50
- This fifth grade math bundle includes 3 AMAZING MATH RESOURCES! Included: Math Tri-Folds, Math Sorts, and Math Morning WorkThis are MUST have resources for your 5th grade classroom. The resources included are flexible and may be used for morning work, whole group practice, guided math practice, inde$67.50$111.00Save $43.50
- This 5th grade math bundle includes no-prep math sorting activities that can be used as partner math centers, math warm ups, or math exit tickets. This 5th grade math practice bundle includes both PRINT and DIGITAL format. - The printable format includes 75 cut-and-past activities- The paperless for$40.00$75.00Save $35.00
These math centers are engaging activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
Ways to use: whole group lesson, small group lesson, independent math center, assessment, or homework!
Please view preview for more information and a free sort.
* 5th Grade Math Standards Covered *
Sort 1: explain the value of digits
Sort 2: compare the value of numbers
Sort 3: complete the equation
Sort 4: powers of 10
Sort 5: patterns when multiplying a number by powers of 10
Sort 6: patterns in the placement of decimals
Sort 7: read and write decimals
Sort 8: read and write decimals
Sort 9: compare decimals
Sort 10: round decimals to the nearest whole number
Sort 11: round decimals to the nearest tenth
Sort 12: round decimals to the nearest hundredth
Sort 13: multiply multi-digit whole numbers
Sort 14: multiply multi-digit whole numbers
Sort 15: multiply multi-digit whole numbers
Sort 16: word problems: division and multiplication
Sort 17: division word problems
Sort 18: division with remainders
Sort 19: add and subtract decimals
Sort 20: multiply decimals
Sort 21: divide decimals
- Math Sorts Binder - Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Blank PowerPoint Template - Just add text boxes to the template and create your own sorts!
- Student Notebook Dividers - Students keep their math sorts notebook organized with these dividers. Includes learning goals! The dividers are now editable.
- Student Directions for Day 1 and Day 2 Activities
- Answer Key
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Click Here to view a Blog Post about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
More 5th Grade Math Sorts
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking - 9 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10 - 21 Sorts
- Set 3: Number & Operations - Fractions - 21 Sorts
- Set 4: Measurement & Data - 12 Sorts
- Set 5: Geometry - 12 Sorts
Please email me at:firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in....
MORE MATH SORTS
2nd Grade Math Sorts - coming soon
3rd Grade Math Sorts - All Standards
4th Grade Math Sorts - All Standards
5th Grade Math Sorts - All Standards