Also included in
- Bring 5th grade math language to life with this powerful bundle of vocabulary resources. It’s everything you need to focus students on essential math questions and teach them over ninety 5th grade math vocabulary words. The I can statements, word wall cards, assessments, and essential questions temp$15.20$21.00Save $5.80
- This bundle has everything you need to 1) Focus your lessons and students on fifth grade ELA and math standards, and 2) Introduce, teach, and assess all the key vocabulary for fifth grade ELA and math.The I Can statements, ELA word wall cards, assessments, flash cards, and essential questions templa$44.03$64.90Save $20.87
- Bring 5th grade math life with this powerful bundle of resources. It’s everything you need to focus students on the standards and teach them over ninety 5th grade math vocabulary words. The I can statements, assessments, flash cards, and essential questions templates are editable in PowerPoint, Word$23.16$30.95Save $7.79
Students need to know over seventy vocabulary terms to succeed in 5th grade math; terms like addend, commutative property, frequency, quotient, and volume. These interactive flashcards are just what you need to ensure that your students can memorize, recall, and apply essential fifth grade math vocabulary. The large size and colorful imagery engage every student. The versatility means you can use the cards to teach AND assess.
Try Before You Buy
There are over 70 cards, with instructions for using them as flash card sessions or quizzes.The cards are editable so you can customize the definitions or even translate them to another language. They work with PowerPoint or Google Drive.
The cards are color-coded by domain: Geometry, Fractions, Operations, Measurement and Data, and Number Sense. Following is a complete list of every included vocabulary term.
fractional unit square
greatest common factor
lowest common multiple
order of operations
powers of 10
properties of operations
visual fraction model
Why use these flash cards?
There are three, research-proven components to memorization, and this tool covers all three:
1. Teach to multiple sensory modalities.
2. Information is remembered best if it is interesting or useful.
3. New information is easier to remember if it can be linked to something already stored in the memory bank.
These flash cards have a distinct advantage over traditional flash cards in that they are BIG. You can use them with the whole class at once. You can also set them up at a center or classroom computer and have students rotate through individually.