It's a New Year's Math Themed "Show What You Know" activity. This activity is a perfect review of a few 5th grade math skills, in addition to creating a fun hallway or bulletin board display.
There are 6 pages included. Those 6 pages are made up of: Black/White set, Color set, and answer key pages. The color and black and white are the SAME problems - just offering a choice of black/white vs. color.
For this fun New Year's math craftivity, students will solve the problems, color the pictures, cut the two pages out, and glue them together. It's a fun way to get in the holiday spirit, and it makes a perfect display to show off their math skills.
I have also included an answer key, so that you can grade it if you would like.
This activity is perfect to ease the kids back into math after the break. This activity is perfect for a New Year's math center, morning work, homework, whole class graded activity, and even for a sub activity.... so many ways to use in the classroom.
The title of this math review sheet is "Happy New Year!".... Students will show what they know by reviewing these skills:
• 2 multiplication problems of three digits by two digits - using standard algorithm
• 2 decimal multiplication problems using standard algorithm
• 3 division problems where they are told to use 'partial quotients'
• 3 Rounding Numbers to the underlined decimal place
• 1 writing an expression for the word form of the prolem
• 1 solving the equation using order of operations (include brackets, parenthesis, and an exponent)
• 5 multiplying a fraction by a fraction and all 5 need to be simplified
• 1 writing a New Year's math resolution
I hope your kids enjoy this fun New Year's math craftivity! Have a blessed holiday season. ~Molly
Please, if you ever see any mistakes on the skill sheet of answer key... just send me a quick message before you rate the product, and I will have it corrected in a jiffy! Thank you so much!