Most students love coloring and these 5th grade color by answer math printables are a great way to include a little coloring in your math centers or independent math practice.
This resource includes 16 5th grade math printables where the students will solve equations/answer questions and then color a picture according to the answer.
- To complete the color by answer printables, the students will answer the questions or solve the equations in the table.
- They will then choose the answer from the choices in the table. The answer they choose is assigned a color. They will color the number (assigned to the question or equation) using the color that matches the correct answer.
- There is one printable (place value) that differs. For this activity, the students determine the underlined place value of the numbers inside a picture. Then they color the picture according to a key.
- For accountability and to make sure that the students don’t just guess the correct color, make sure the students show their work on the back of the paper or on a separate piece of paper. (In the pictures, there are only 1-2 colors that even have the possibility of being guessed correctly).
- For the ones that don’t require work shown, I tried to be purposeful about the pictures I chose so the students could not easily guess any of the colors.
- Another option is to have them get their answers (and work) checked by you (or a partner) and then color in their picture.
The graphics are not seasonal so these math printables can be used year-round and with any pacing guide.
The math printables can be used for:
- Multiplication Level 1 (3-4 Digit by 1-Digit)
- Multiplication Level 2 (3-4 Digit by 2-3 Digit)
- Division Level 1 (3-4 Digit by 1 Digit)
- Division Level 2 (4-Digit by 2-Digit)
- Place Value
- Adjacent Place Value
- Multiplying and Dividing by Powers of 10
- Representing Decimals
- Comparing Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions
- Multiplication as Scaling (Through Comparing Products Multiplied by Fractions Less than 1, Equal to 1, and Whole Numbers)
- Dividing with Unit Fractions
- Order of Operations
5th Grade Math Exit Slips
5th Grade Math Homework Printables
5th Grade Math Test Prep
5th Grade Error Analysis Math Tasks
5th Grade Math Sorts
5th Grade Task Cards: Complete Set
Holiday and Seasonal Math Centers and Printables