Also included in
- Hey writing teachers!Whew - Writing can be a challenging subject, but with this bundle of writing units, ensure that you will meet all of the standards and save your valuable time! This bundle includes daily lesson plans, teacher materials, student materials, pre and post assessments, rubrics, and m$53.54$66.93Save $13.39
- Hey busy friends,Nonfiction writing can be so hard to teach, but with this bundle of nonfiction writing units, ensure that you will meet all of the standards and save your valuable time! By purchasing the units as a bundle you save 20%! In this bundle you will find 3 units (the same exacts units off$24.78$30.97Save $6.19
Hey fabulous teachers,
Opinion writing can be so hard - and boring - to teach! After spending a year doing the boring stuff, I came up with this unit that is very interactive and works so much better! Included in this Opinion Writing Unit is more than enough material for you to teach everything your students need to know and it’s in a fun and exciting format. Let your students hold their very own debates and share what they’re opinionated about.
When you purchase the unit, you will receive:
- Detailed Daily Lesson Plans for Unit 3 | 30+ days’ worth of lessons!
- Over 15 Interactive Notebook Pages for Students to Glue in Their Writer's Notebook
- Writer’s Workshop Year at a Glance
- Rubrics for Grading Student’s Work | All using standards based grading
- Debate Topics & Corresponding Articles for all Lessons With Debates
- List of Alternative Debate Topics with extra passages and articles to use (more details below!)
- Management Ideas and Forms
- Whole Group and Individual Class Lists
- Common Core Student Checklists
- And Additional Forms!
Articles + Debate Topics Included:
- What Do You Think About Fast Food?
- What Do You Think About Juice? | Pros and Cons
- What Do You Think About Chocolate Milk?
- School Uniforms | Pros and Cons
- What Do You Think About Homework? | Pros and Cons
- Zoos | Yay or Nay?
- Where's The Beef?
- The Class Pet Ate My Homework | Pros and Cons
- Sibling Rivalry | Pros and Cons
- The Great Vending Machine Debate | Should Schools Have Vending Machines?
- Should You Play Video Games? | Pros and Cons
- Should Kids Get Paid for Good Grades? | Pros and Cons
- What Animal Makes the Best Family Pet?
- Why Should You Workout?
- Why Should You Travel?
- And a list of other powerful debate topics!
These lessons will perfectly integrate into any 5th grade classroom! You do not need to buy all 7 units to implement Opinion Writing, Unit 3, into your Writer’s Workshop.
- Unit 1- Back to School Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 2- Narrative Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 3- Opinion Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 4- Writing on Demand in 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade
- Unit 5- Informative and Expository Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 6- Poetry Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 7- Writing a Novel in 5th Grade
Make sure you have everything you need - pick up these editable forms and rubrics to make your life easier!
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 1 - Back to School Loving Writing in 5th Grade
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 2 – Narrative Writing in 5th Grade
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 3 – Opinion Writing in 5th Grade
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 4 – Writing on Demand for 4th-6th Grade
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 5 – Informative Writing in 5th Grade
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 6 – Poetry Writing in 5th Grade
- Editable Writing Forms for Unit 7 –Writing a Novel in 5th Grade
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have before purchasing this item! I would be happy to talk with you about it! --> AppleSlices4th@gmail.com
Check out my blog for more information, freebies, and my crazy life as a teacher! Check out my Blog! Apple Slices Thank you!
Kelly Anne :)