PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Motivate your students with these NO-PREP math games! Included are 10 engaging games, which are perfect for practicing key 5th grade place value standards: comparing digit values in whole numbers and decimals, multiplying whole numbers and decimals by powers of 10, using exponents to denote powers of 10, and more! These games support Common Core standards 5.NBT.1 and 5.NBT.2.
This pack includes 10 print-and-play games for practicing these 5th grade skills:
Comparing the values of adjacent digits:
• Recognize that a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left
Multiplying and dividing by powers of 10:
• Multiply numbers by 10, 100, and 1,000
• Divide numbers by 10, 100, and 1,000
• Multiply and divide numbers by 10, 100, and 1,000
• Identify patterns when numbers are multiplied or divided by 10 or 100
Multiplying and dividing by powers of 10 with exponents:
• Match powers of 10 in exponential form to powers of 10 in standard form
• Multiply numbers by powers of 10 with exponents
• Divide numbers by powers of 10 with exponents
• Multiply and divide numbers by powers of 10 with exponents
Note: All decimals go to the tenths, hundredths, or thousandths place.
These games are so simple to use and require very minimal prep - just print, grab some basic materials, and play! They are perfect to use in math centers or as extension activities when students complete their work!
Included with this 5th Grade Place Value Games Pack:
• Instructions for play
• 10 printable games
• Answer keys for all of the games
Want to learn more about the games included? Check out the preview file above.
Think ahead and save $$ by buying this math games pack as part of this discounted
If you enjoyed these 5th grade games, you may also like these other differentiated and standards-aligned 5th grade game packs:
You might also like these related 5th grade math resources by Games 4 Gains:
We love to hear what you think! Please leave your feedback on this resource to earn credit points to save money on future purchases!
Click on the green ★ above to follow my store to get notifications of new resources, sales, and freebies!
Connect with me on social!
Created by Brittney Field, © Games 4 Gains, LLC.
This purchase is for single classroom use only. Sharing this resource with multiple teachers, an entire school, or an entire school system is strictly forbidden. Multiple licenses are available at a discount.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.