DO YOU WANT TO GET YOUR KIDS EXCITED ABOUT THEIR SCIENCE STAAR TEST? IF SO, THIS IS YOUR GAME! GET READY FOR SOME INTENSE COMPETITION!
This is one of my all time favorite games to play with my kids when we get ready for the science STAAR test. I love it! The kids love it & they BEG TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!
We all know the test is all about knowing your vocabulary. This game encourages all students to get involved and use their words to describe the most important vocabulary words we have learned all year.
The game mimics the game TABOO. Included: 60 Vocabulary Slides
How to play:
1. Project the game on the board
2. Split your class into two groups. (My kids love boys vs. girls)
3. The teams will rotate turns
4. Once player will go up the front of the class. Their team members will have 45 seconds to shout clues about the "Password" (Vocabulary word). They may not say the word, or use the words in red as clues.
5. If their teammates guesses the word in the 45 seconds. That team gets a point.
Change up the game:
** If a team doesn't guess the word; the opposite team gets a point.
** If the team giving clues says any of the words, the opposite team gets a point.
You can also print these out as cards and play them as a table game. I would suggest changing the background color to save ink.
This is a PowerPoint Game! I have left it editable, so you can make changes where you see fit. Whatever is best for the kids, right!?
Have Fun, and good luck on your STAAR!