Also included in
- 5th Grade Science STAAR Bundle for TexasThis bundle is packed full of test prep resources for 5th Grade Science STAAR! It's all aligned to the streamlined TEKS and ready for you to use!This file includes rigorous test prep task cards, printables, sorting relay games, a review stations activity menu$119.95$129.40Save $9.45
The 5th grade science review includes 59 pages of activities for the 30 TEKS (Texas standards) students should have mastered by the end of 5th grade. Each page includes a review important ideas and a task or question for the topic. Print or use Google Slides.
See the 4th Grade Science Review.
Try it first!
Download the preview for a free sample that includes 9 pages for 5.5A Physical Properties of Matter.
If you are new to Google Classroom, this video tutorial will show you how to assign these activities to students.
What I love about this is that you can personalize each student’s review by having students complete only the pages they need.
All of the Study Guide pages are available in Google Slides and compatible with Google Classroom. All you have to do is make a copy and assign to students.
All 30 Testable Student Expectations
All 30 Student Expectations that are testable are included in this resource. This includes 3rd and 4th grade SEs that students should have mastered by 5th grade.
Matter & Energy
5.5A Physical Properties of Matter
3.5C Changes to Matter
Force, Motion, & Energy
5.6A Uses of Energy
3.6B Changes in Position and Motion
Earth & Space
5.7A Sedimentary Rock and Fossil Fuels
5.7B Landform Formation
5.8A Weather and Climate
5.8B Water Cycle: Ocean and Sun
5.8C Day and Night
5.8D Sun, Earth, and Moon
4.7C Natural Resources
4.8B Water Cycle
4.8C Shadows, Seasons, and Moon Phases
3.7B Rapid Changes to Earth’s Surface
Organisms & Environments
5.9A Ecosystem Interactions
5.9B Food Webs
5.9C Ecosystem Changes
5.10A Structures and Functions
5.10B Inherited Traits and Learned Behaviors
3.9A Characteristics of Environments
3.10B Life Cycles
- Booklet: Print and staple in booklet format.
- Folder: Use a hole puncher on the pages and place in a folder with brads.
- Google Classroom: If you are familiar with Google Classroom, these pages are available for you to share with your students.
- Individual Pages: Print just the pages you need
1. Please check out the preview to make sure this resource fits your needs.
2. This file is not editable.
4. While this resource was created for the Texas TEKS, teachers in other states teaching similar topics may benefit from using this resource. However this resource is not aligned to NGSS.
5. Answer Key always included with Science Penguin resources