Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
St Patrick’s Day Math Mystery (Grade 5) - NO PREP worksheets included are common core aligned and are great for practice and review. Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students to practice a variety of math skills with this fun St Patrick’s Day themed Math Mystery!
Optional Video Hook also available to engage your students into the math mystery activity.
NEW - Editable Places list added to the packet. This way you can change the location names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead. This is a great option if your students have already done this mystery story before and you need to change the mystery answer.
Math Mystery: Case of the Misplaced Pot of Gold
Leroy McClumsy, a leprechaun, is really sad because he cannot remember where he left his pot of gold in Mathhattan. St Patrick’s Day won’t be much fun for him if he doesn’t find it. A great math detective is needed to help solve the case for poor Mr McClumsy!
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story: Case of The Misplaced Pot of Gold
- Possible Places List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Multiplying decimals by powers of ten
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Function tables (students apply a given rule to numbers in a table, for example: a = 10n + 3.)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Review Perimeter measurement using decimals to the tenths (available in both imperial and metric unit versions)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Ordering fractions (with the same numerator)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Subtracting decimals (tenths and hundredths)
- A student case solved declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the possible places list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and find Leroy McClumsy’s pot of gold.
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This math mystery is available for grades 1-6:
Below are some links of some other products that you may also be interested in:
Bundle and Save with
CREATE YOUR OWN MATH MYSTERY BUNDLE PACK & SAVE $$$
Mix with skill focused, holiday, seasons and across grade math mysteries of your choice.
© Mrs J's Resource Creations 2015