5th Grade TOP 25 Math, Language, Science, Social Skills Variety Pack
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
Products in this Bundle (25)
showing 1-5 of 25 products
Includes printable PDF versions. 16 resources also include Google Slides™ digital versions for distance learning. This variety pack includes 25 top rated resources for 5th grade which address important reading comprehension, math, vocabulary, writing, spelling, and social skills. Answer keys included.
--- RESOURCE DETAILS ---
Many of the 5th-grade resources in this bundle provide both fiction and non-fiction reading passages and articles that emphasize reading comprehension skills. Skills reviewed in these resources include cause and effect, inferences, compare and contrast, problem-solving, drawing conclusions, identifying important facts, using context clues, identifying important details.
The math resources for grade 5 engage students in a variety of challenging and effective math activities. The problem-solving stories require the solutions to multiple problems. They must use comprehension skills with the story problems and then apply their math understanding to pull relevant information and use multi-steps in order to arrive at the correct solution. Some skills addressed in the multi-step stories include adding, multiplication, money, subtracting, division, time, measurement, fractions. The math vocabulary and meanings resources give 5th-grade students multiple approaches to learning and retaining essential vocabulary terms. The math puzzles are very motivating and provide excellent practice with basic operations.
The science resources take students through the scientific process and prepare students for a science fair while others teach science topics and exploration. A few activities use QR code technology to give immediate feedback. Full answer keys are provided on all relevant resources. The activities are great for homework, practice, centers, or test prep. Most activities are no-prep with others just minimal preparation needed. Most resources are aligned with the common core and other state and national language standards.
PDF pages in the resources can be printed either in color or grayscale with good results. These activities are effective as a homeschool or summer reading resource and are easily adaptable to existing lesson plans. The worksheets and activities can be used as a quick comprehension assessment tool.
Listed below are brief descriptions of each product and links to the actual products for more in-depth information.
• Myths and Legends Included in this packet are ten wonderful and diverse myths and legends including Native American, Canadian, and Greek mythology. Students will engage in comprehension activities. 65 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Founding Fathers Reading Comprehension This resource includes all five packets in the Founding Fathers Series including George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and Benjamin Franklin. These five statesmen were considered the top five founding fathers in American history. Each packet includes a balanced and accurate article, comprehension activities, answer keys and graphic organizer. 46 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Heroes of History Reading Comprehension Included in this packet are nine wonderful and diverse stories of the greatest real-life men and women heroes of the past including Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Father Flanagan, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Anne Frank, Dalai Lama, and Harriet Tubman. Students will engage in comprehension activities 49 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Color-Code Comprehension The informational articles and comprehension activities require students to justify answers by color-coding text evidence. The unique tasks are motivating and teach kids to think about what they read. 66 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Fables Reading Comprehension Ten wonderful Aesop and other fables for 4th grade - 5th-grade kids along with comprehension activities, questions, writing activities. Aligned with common core standards. Fable-making guide teaches students how to write their own fables. 76 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Complete Novel Unit with Audio - Mystery at Pineview Lake Exciting 182-page adventure novel with vocabulary and comprehension activities that address important reading skills. Full unabridged audiobook included. Great way to promote reading enjoyment. 220 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Comprehension Weekly Warm-ups The 36 worksheets are highly engaging and motivating and align with common core standards. The comprehension strategies are appropriate for 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade depending on skill level. The activities are designed to be used on a weekly basis to provide students consistent exposure to effective comprehension strategies throughout the school year. The close reading passages and stories contain both fiction and nonfiction selections. The cloze reading and synonym finding activities use appropriate grade level high-frequency vocabulary words. 76 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Reading Comprehension Activity Cards Students read original short stories and articles and use context clues to answer literal, deductive, inferential comprehension questions. QR code enabled. Easy print, cut, use format. 40 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Spelling Activities for ANY Spelling List The activities and spelling games are useful for all students in grade 3, grade 4, grade 5. No-prep needed. Just copy the worksheets and provide the words. They are an easy way for teaching spelling and can be used for homework, centers, whole group, small group or individuals. 22 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Reading Genre Bingo Give kids exposure to different kinds of genres. Reading different kinds of books broadens student understanding and skill. A perfect way to motivate kids to read. Easy print, cut, use format. Now Editable. 15 pages. Editable PowerPoint format.
• Journal Prompts Task Cards Get kids writing with these 72 fun and interesting journal task cards. The cards pose thought-provoking questions with motivating graphics. Great for centers, daily journal writing, enrichment, or productive time fillers. 22 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Math Puzzles: Lattice Multiplication Try a new twist on multiplication with these lattice multiplication puzzles. This multiplication method is effective and motivating and offers a new approach. The riddles make these puzzles fun to complete. 35 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Word Wise Categorization Game Players use knowledge and speed to classify words into several categories. Great for using vocabulary words that go along with units being taught in class or for holidays. 7 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Capture! Word Puzzle Game Plays like the game Battleship® but with words. A great way to reinforce language skills such as vocabulary and spelling. Also good for teaching math skills such as coordinates and grids. 5 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Math Word Problem Task Cards This 84 Math Task Card set has kids in grade 4, grade 5 engage in challenging math stories that each require the solution to multiple problems. They must use comprehension skills and then apply their math understanding to pull relevant information to arrive at the correct solutions. 26 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Acts of Kindness Task Cards A favorite of mine! Promote being kind, thoughtful, caring in school and classroom with these 48 acts of kindness task cards. A random kind act can be rotated weekly. Great way to build character and community. 16 pages. Editable PowerPoint version.
• Math Puzzles: Basic Operations Riddles Try a fun and engaging way to review math basic operations of subtracting, adding, multiplying, and dividing. Decoding the riddles motivates students to be accurate and complete. 34 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Math Algebraic Thinking Picture Puzzles Fun but challenging math picture puzzles effectively sharpen critical-thinking and problem-solving. Students use algebraic thinking and order of operations to determine values of pictures and solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, division equations. 45 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Math Vocabulary Task Cards These effective math vocabulary no-prep task cards with QR code technology includes 60 essential math vocabulary terms and meanings that students in 4th grade should master. Addresses core standards. 21 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Math Vocabulary Problems Worksheets Kids in grade 5 complete worksheets on which there are five problems. Each problem presents a math vocabulary meaning and multiple choice list of four words. The student matches that definition to the correct math vocabulary word. The worksheets use QR code technology to give immediate feedback. 34 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Fractions Task Cards This 84 Math Fractions Task Card set is a great way to teach or review essential Common Core fraction problems for grade 5. The versatile cards can be used in whole group instruction, small groups, centers, homeschooling or with individual students. They are perfect for test preparation. 27 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Reading Comprehension Activity Cards Students in 4th grade and 5th grade read short fiction and non-fiction passages and use their reading comprehension skills to answer literal and inferential questions. 114 Cards. Includes free digital version. 67 pages. Printable PDF and Boom Cards™ versions.
• Math Word Problem Worksheets Challenging math for 4th grade, 5th grade helps students with problem-solving multi-step tasks that mimic real-world applications. Teaches critical thinking and deeper understanding of math relevance. 52 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Science Fair Student Guide This effective guide is the ultimate tool for helping students achieve success creating wonderful experiments and projects. Students are guided step-by-step which makes the entire process easy and fulfilling. 25 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Test-Taking Tips Improve test performance with effective testing preparation strategies for 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade and on up. The tips help reduce student fear, anxiety, stress while increasing the likelihood of success. 22 pages. PowerPoint version.
I take pride in my products and guarantee satisfaction. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about any of my materials.
Please note that some of the products in this grade level bundle may crossover into other bundles. Some products may be appropriate for more than one grade level.
--- ABOUT THE AUTHOR ---
Rick Whitehead has been a teacher and author for over 30 years in public and private practice. His background includes teaching in public schools, curriculum development, school program design, private mentoring and author of juvenile fiction. He is devoted to helping children learn and grow by providing high-quality resources that are highly motivating and effective even for the most reluctant learners.