5th Grade Test Prep Math Centers! These 9 math test prep centers and activities are perfect to prepare your students for high stakes testing in an engaging way.
With a fun rock and roll theme, your students are sure to love completing these math centers and activities. This jam-packed resource covers 23 of the 5th Grade Common Core standards.
Here are the centers and the standards covered:
1. Rockin’ Order of Operations and Numerical Expressions (5.OA.1, 5.OA.2)
2. Rock Those Decimals! (5.NBT.2, 5.NBT.3, 5.NBT.4, 5.NBT.7)
3. Jazzin’ with Whole Numbers (5.NBT.5 and 5.NBT.6)
4. Rock Star Fraction Computation (5.NF.1, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.7)
5. Fantastic Fractions (5.NF.2, 5.NF.3, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.6, 5.NF.7)
6. Mix It Up with Measurement Conversions (5.MD.1)
7. Turn the Volume Up! (5.MD.3, 5.MD.4, 5.MD.5)
8. Rockin’ Shapes (5.G.3, 5.G.4)
9. CD Sales (5.OA.3, 5.G.1, 5.G.2)
Each center (with the exception of the CD sales since it is a printable) comes with a directions page and two different recording sheets. One recording sheet has enough room for all the answers in the center, but the students may have to show their work on another paper. The other recording sheet option has more space but does not contain enough room for all the problems.
Answer keys are included for each center except for the Rock Those Decimals! center. The nature of that center does not allow for an answer key.
Laminate, cut, and let your kids have fun (without realizing they are preparing for the BIG test!)
More 5th Grade Test Prep Resources: