5th Grade Vocabulary - 5th Grade Academic Vocabulary Set for Social Studies
Also included in
- Use this 5th Grade Social Studies Academic Vocabulary Bundle to provide active vocabulary instruction for social studies. Intentional vocabulary instruction in the content areas is vital to the success of your students, because vocabulary activities help learners develop academic language and accesPrice $9.45Original Price $12.00Save $2.55
- Everything you need to teach 5th grade social studies for the whole year comes with this mega bundle! No more spending hours creating lesson plans, putting together student materials, finding video links, or creating assessments. No need to worry if your students don't have a textbook. You will fPrice $123.30Original Price $200.25Save $76.95
Use this 5th grade vocabulary set to provide active vocabulary instruction for social studies. Intentional vocabulary instruction in the content areas is vital to the success of your students, because vocabulary activities help learners develop academic language and access academic textbooks. This 5th Grade Social Studies Academic Vocabulary Set will help you make vocabulary practice an integral part of your social studies instruction. It will also help you create a bright, eye-catching social studies word wall that your students will refer to all year long!
Included in the bundle are 136 word wall mini posters (legal size) that show the vocabulary term, the definition, and a graphic, an 84-page student packet which contains a half-page section for each word where students record their own definition, a sentence using the word, and draw a picture, symbol, or other graphic representation of the term as well as a full alphabetical glossary of all 136 words, and an 8.5" x 44" banner for your word wall.
A white background version of the word wall cards is also included if you are trying to save on ink!
All of the vocabulary words come from the following 5th grade social studies units:
- Three Worlds Meet: Thinking Like a Historian
- Three Worlds Meet: Native Americans
- Three Worlds Meet: A Look at West Africa
- Three Worlds Meet: Exploration
- Colonization and Settlement: The Southern Colonies
- Colonization and Settlement: The New England Colonies
- Colonization and Settlement: The Middle Colonies
- Road to Revolution
- American Revolution
- A New Nation/Government
❤️ TEACHERS LIKE YOU ARE LOVING THIS SOCIAL STUDIES ACADEMIC VOCABULARY SET! ❤️
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Sharron T. said, "This is precisely what I was looking for. The vocabulary matches perfectly with the 5th-grade curriculum."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Christina P. said, "Great resource! I love that a simple and concise definition is included with an image. There are a variety of options for colored backgrounds or black and white. Very thorough list of vocabulary terms."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Kelli R. said, "Each vocabulary card has the word and the definition. This bundle has a wide variety of vocabulary words. Great buy!"
Have your students play Historian's Club to practice learning their academic vocabulary!
5th Grade Social Studies Academic Vocabulary Game
Interested in free lesson plans and student packets for these units? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with 5th grade social studies as your subject, and I'd be happy to share them with you!
Interested in student flashcards, vocabulary quizzes and games for this year-long set of academic vocabulary? Those materials are available in my 5th Grade Social Studies Teacher Resources Bundle! The graphics on the flashcards and on the word wall mini posters match!
5th Grade Social Studies Teacher Resources Bundle
Don't forget to leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Copyright ©️ - Stephanie Rye - Forever in Fifth Grade
Permission to copy for single classroom only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you would like to share this product.