5th Grade Word Problems BUNDLE with Digital Word Problems
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (5)
Do you need a variety of math word problem practice to help your students master and feel confident when solving word problems? If you do, then this 5th Grade Math Word Problems Bundle is just what you need.
This bundled word problem resource includes 5 sets of skill-specific word problems for 5th grade.
Each set includes 30 word problem practice pages for a total of 150 word problems ready to use in your classroom.
Each set also includes word problem sorts for each skill with a total of 80 word problems to sort (and optionally solve).
This bundle includes these 5th grade word problem sets:
- Multiplication and Division Word Problems
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions & Mixed Numbers Word Problems
- Decimal Word Problems: All Operations
- Multiplying and Dividing with Fractions and Mixed Numbers Word Problems
- Multi-Step Word Problems
On each page, the students are presented with a word problem. The students must:
- Retell the word problem in their own words.
- Tell the operation they will use and why they will use it.
- Solve the problem.
- Prove their answer makes sense.
- Prove their answer is correct.
The resource includes an answer key and a skills alignment page. Use the skills alignment page if you want to target specific skills (Example: multiplying with mixed numbers).
I have also included the word problems in a copy friendly version with 7-8 word problems on a page. You could give the students the word problem and the blank template. The template could be laminated and written on with dry erase markers.
For multi-part word problems for 5th grade math, click here.
Your students will be required to read each problem and sort it after determining which operation is needed to solve.
On each page, the students are presented with word problems. The students must:
- Cut out each word problem.
- Sort each word problem into the correct side based on which operation is needed to solve.
- Glue each word problem to the page.
Use the word problem sorts to provide grade-level word problem practice in a less threatening format. Students will read rigorous word problems with the main focus of understanding the context of the word problem and determining the operation that would be used. They will then sort the word problems accordingly. The activity can be extended by having students solve the problems or solve a few of them.
Digital versions of both the word problems and the sorts are designed for use in Google Slides.
To assign only a few of the slides at a time, make a copy of your master. Rename the copy. Delete the slides you don't want to assign. Then assign your new file to your students.
For digital access and for more information on assigning Google Slides activities, see the digital access pages of the PDF.
Please see the video preview to see how the digital versions work.
More 5th Grade Math Activities and Resources:
- 5th Grade Math Exit Slips
- 5th Grade Math Centers
- 5th Grade Roll and Answer Math Practice: All Standards
- 5th Grade Math Sorts
- 5th Grade Find the Error Math Tasks (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Math Choice Boards (Digital + Printable)
- 5th Grade Math Differentiated Skill Sheets (Digital + Printable)
- Math Prove It Tasks for 4th and 5th Grade (Digital + Printable)