Be sure to check out my interactive notebook, it will blow your mind
interactive notebook CLICK HERE
I teach 5th grade in Texas. Last year my classroom showed tremendous growth and had a 100% STAAR pass rate in reading and math. I teach every subject at an IB school.
With the new TEKS starting this year I decided to break down every TEK. You will find a teaching matrix aligned with fourth and sixth grade math, plus a teaching tree that aligns with this one TEK.
This resource shows exactly what needs to be covered in the TEK mentioned here.
I also put together a step by step interactive notebook project you can do along with a step by step small group or math station you can do as well. Both are interactive and contain pictures showing you the project as it is being done.
**Even though the product is free at the moment, if you leave me a comment and then email me at phill.longmire @gmail.com and place word wall in the subject line along with the name that you left the comment under, I will send you an awesome wordwall that goes along with this TEK. It will become a paid item.
Plus I included some other goodies in this one reference all aligned with this one TEK.
^^^^Be sure to follow me, because I am going to be doing this for every single math TEK we have to teach next year. As I get them done, I will post them here.
You can see it below.
This is an all inclusive document that will help you teach TEK 5.2A. Inside you will find
• Teaching TEK Tree I have had principles offer me money just for this one element of this resource.
• TEK breakdown which includes
o Transition language from last year
o Example of the TEK modeled
o Background information
o Academic vocabulary
o Action verbs
o Enrichment ideas
o Gaps to be filled as the TEK is being transitioned
o 5th grade distractors
• A pre-assessment and how to use it to tier your students
• A test to check for understanding
• Student tracking sheet, for all of 5.2 TEK
• A step by step interactive notebook lesson with pictures as I do it
• Nine Math Workshop ideas with handouts geared specifically for this TEK
• A step by step hands on activity that can be used in a math station or small group
• A five day suggested model for teaching the TEK. (Probably extended out to nine days of teaching)
• I can statements
• Crazy Cool Word Wall posters with the academic language (I send this free to anyone who leaves me feedback on the sales page)