• Student-friendly; Extremely helpful; Wonderfully organized; Straight to the point!
• Impressed with embedded lessons on each trait.
• Great purchase...this will add great dimension to our student-made 6+1 Traits of Writing Resource books. Thank you!
• Thank you! This has helped Me understand the 6 traits :)
• Such a complete set of scoring rubrics. I like that you have created separate sheets for each trait. The transition sheet is very helpful too.
• This is going to be so very helpful for all the writers in my classes! Thank you for creating a resource that is so user friendly for the kids and just a goldmine of information!"
For each trait, students are given an explanation of the trait, steps in implementing the trait, and a rubric. A great handbook for students to keep in their writing folders!
Highlighted Elements of the Traits
Ideas: focus statement, 5 questions, main ideas, supporting sentences, clarifying sentences
Organization: patterns of organization, what to include in the beginning, middle, and ending paragraphs
Voice: purpose and audience, four voice attributes and words describing voice
Word Choice: replacing overused words with powerful words, connotations, figurative language
Sentence Fluency: type, length, beginnings, transitions, cadence, rhythm, style, and how sentence structure affects mood
Conventions and Publication: Readability, appearance, format, checklist, and scoring guide.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS FOR LEARNING FUN
101 PROMPTS for making LISTS in 60 seconds
101 PROVERBS and PITHY SAYINGS
WOULD YOU RATHER 212 Thought-Provoking Icebreakers and Discussion Cards
EMOJI WRITING STRIPS 42 Weeks of Writing Prompts for Rebus Stories
Humorous Creative Narrative Writing Card Decks for Writing Stories
6 + 1 Traits of Writing Student Handbooklet Quick Study With AncillariesTHE WRITING PROCESS - Animated PowerPoint, 8-Page Booklet and Notes Pages
NOUNS PowerPoint and Flip-book Comprehensive and Motivating Unit!
Back to School - Student Academic and Personal Interest Surveys
CONFERENCES - forms for students to evaluate their performance and set goals
Seasonal Voice Level Displays to Help Controls Noise
Thank you for stopping by!
Click here to go to my store.
tags: writing, 6 traits, English, language arts, composition, rubric, assessment, reference, graphic organizer, handbook, paragraphs, sentences