• Student-friendly; Extremely helpful; Wonderfully organized; Straight to the point!
• Impressed with embedded lessons on each trait.
• Great purchase...this will add great dimension to our student-made 6+1 Traits of Writing Resource books. Thank you!
• Thank you! This has helped Me understand the 6 traits :)
• Such a complete set of scoring rubrics. I like that you have created separate sheets for each trait. The transition sheet is very helpful too.
• This is going to be so very helpful for all the writers in my classes! Thank you for creating a resource that is so user friendly for the kids and just a goldmine of information!"
For each trait, students are given an explanation of the trait, steps in implementing the trait, and a rubric. A great handbook for students to keep in their writing folders!
Highlighted Elements of the Traits
Ideas: focus statement, 5 questions, main ideas, supporting sentences, clarifying sentences
Organization: patterns of organization, what to include in the beginning, middle, and ending paragraphs
Voice: purpose and audience, four voice attributes and words describing voice
Word Choice: replacing overused words with powerful words, connotations, figurative language
Sentence Fluency: type, length, beginnings, transitions, cadence, rhythm, style, and how sentence structure affects mood
Conventions and Publication: Readability, appearance, format, checklist, and scoring guide.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS FOR LEARNING FUN
101 PROMPTS for making LISTS in 60 seconds
101 PROVERBS and PITHY SAYINGS
WOULD YOU RATHER 212 Thought-Provoking Icebreakers and Discussion Cards
EMOJI WRITING STRIPS 42 Weeks of Writing Prompts for Rebus Stories
Humorous Creative Narrative Writing Card Decks for Writing Stories
6 + 1 Traits of Writing Student Handbooklet Quick Study With AncillariesTHE WRITING PROCESS - Animated PowerPoint, 8-Page Booklet and Notes Pages
NOUNS PowerPoint and Flip-book Comprehensive and Motivating Unit!
Back to School - Student Academic and Personal Interest Surveys
CONFERENCES - forms for students to evaluate their performance and set goals
Seasonal Voice Level Displays to Help Controls Noise
Thank you for stopping by!Click here to go to my store.
tags: Joy Tweedt, writing, 6 traits, English, language arts, composition, rubric, assessment, reference, graphic organizer, handbook, paragraphs, sentences