Are you stuck with core words implementation? This resource will help you. With an explanation of core words, and interactive books for teaching, this is a great place to start. Research tells us to focus on core vocabulary when teaching beginning communicators who need AAC.
Here are 6 therapist written interactive books illustrating how to use 6 of the 25 early core words for AAC users who are beginning communicators.
Each book tells about 1 of the words, in 12-18 pages, using a combination of clip art and Symbol Stix.
• a discussion of core vocabulary -There is a document explaining core vocabulary concepts and giving activity ideas for teaching each of the 6 in context.
• a custom die
• an 18 page “Go” book
• a 14 page “Again” book
• a 19 page “All done” book
• a 14 page “Stop” book
• a 14 page “More” book
• a 17 page “No/Not” book
• and icons for interactivity
• included also is a die template (about 2.6" cube to be assembled) with one word on each of the 6 faces.
✺ This group of core words is: again, no, go, finished, more, stop.
• The preview shows only the cover and p1 of each book.
• There are 2 book pages per printed page.
• There is also the addition of Australian pages for "More, Mum, more!" - using Mum instead of Mom. You can print whichever version works for your location.
I also have companion products, including core word communication boards: HERE
and more core words books:HERE