PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you stuck with core words implementation? This resource will help you work AAC implementation into your curriculum. With an explanation of core words, and interactive books for teaching, this is a great place to start. Research tells us to focus on core vocabulary when teaching beginning communicators who need AAC.
Here are 6 therapist written interactive books illustrating how to use 6 of the 25 early core words for AAC users who are beginning communicators.
Each book tells about 1 of the words, in 12-18 pages, using a combination of clip art and Symbol Stix.
• a discussion of core vocabulary -There is a document explaining core vocabulary concepts and giving activity ideas for teaching each of the 6 in context.
• a custom die
• an 18 page “Go” book
• a 14 page “Again” book
• a 19 page “All done” book
• a 14 page “Stop” book
• a 14 page “More” book
• a 17 page “No/Not” book
• and icons for interactivity
• included also is a die template (about 2.6" cube to be assembled) with one word on each of the 6 faces.
✺ This group of core words is: again, no, go, finished, more, stop.
• The preview shows only the cover and p1 of each book.
• There are 2 book pages per printed page.
• There is also the addition of Australian pages for "More, Mum, more!" - using Mum instead of Mom. You can print whichever version works for your location.
I also have companion products, including core word communication boards: HERE
and more core words books:HERE
There are clinician created interactive books illustrating each of the first 6 core words and giving students practice with using them in the books and activities. Curriculum planning for: Go, Stop, No, More, Again, All done
I have added pages for Australians that use "Mum" instead of "Mom."
Included in the activities pack are:
• communication boards of different sizes to use; including
• a board for the first 6 words,
• a 36 location board with only the first 6 words filled in (this provides for stability of location as more words are added),
• large picture/word cards to hang up in the classroom as a class communication board, and
• a set to use for the core word Word Wall
• toy car play mat activity (in color & b/w) with 2 different file folder map sets for teaching Go, Stop, Again
• feed the monkey game to teach More and All done
• a simple question game to teach No/Not
• a game (with a game board & spinner & pieces) to teach Again (or Go Again)
• additional activity suggestions, including some that get the kids up and moving
• data sheets for time delay prompting for errorless learning
This bundle represents more than 20% off buying the 2 resources separately.
You can find the resources individually here for 6 Core Words Books and here for Teach Me 6 Core Words
You might also like Activities & Games to Learn a Year of Core (the first 6 months)
• 3 Core Vocabulary Books AAC Bundle for Negation
• AAC Core Vocabulary 10 Weeks to Communicating with 40 Core Words Beginning AAC
• AAC More Core Words Interactive Books to Teach 12 Core Vocabulary to AAC Users
If you are looking for materials and activities to teach your beginning AAC communicators here is a fantastic bundle of my 6 Core Words Books and the follow-up Teach Me 6 Core Words strategies and activities to teach core words resources.
TYPE html>Are you confused about how to teach AAC users core words? Let my resources help you! Here are 6 therapist written interactive books illustrating how to use 6 of the 25 early core words.
Each book tells about 1 of the words, in 12 pages, using a combination of clip art and Smarty Symbols
Newly updated for older students
• Also included is a die template (about 2.6" cube to be assembled) with one word on each of the 6 faces.
• This group of core words is: again, no, go, finished, more, stop.
• There is a document explaining core vocabulary concepts and giving activity ideas for teaching each of the 6 in context.
NoteThe preview shows only 1 page of each book.
I also have companion products, including core word communication boards:HERE
and more core words books:HERE
Click on the Follow Me button to be among the first to see new products hot off the presses!