Are you looking for some art projects to start your year off right? Are you just looking for a few fresh ideas to use at any time? I used these lessons as the first projects of the school year, as they are great for getting to know the members of the class and encouraging them with successful experiences right away. However, I really think you could use them at any time!
This packet contains:
6 Art Lessons
26 Pages of instructions, pictures and tips
3 Student Handouts
The projects included are:
1. I Am A Star: best for grades K-2. (telling about yourself, writing your name and basic fine motor skills)-- includes star template
2. Monsters Love School: grades K-4 (Back to School theme, watercolor resist, scribbling with crayons, and creativity)-- includes handout of monster ideas
3. 10 Object Drawing (About Yourself): grade 4-6 (identity, drawing, fulfilling a challenge within constraints)-- includes handout for students to follow the prompts
4. Identity Dolls: grades 3-5 (fine motor skills, mixed media collage, personal identity and expression)-- includes body template
5. Painted Patterns Class Banner: grades 1-3 (types of lines, creating a collaborative artwork, how to use a paintbrush, starting with watercolor paints)
6. Mini-Masterpieces: grades 3-6 (personality and interests, creating art on a miniature scale, choice of art media) -- includes handout of prompts
The files included are in a .zip file and inside are pdfs and jpg. Make sure you have an updated Adobe Acrobat reader (free download.) Before leaving feedback make sure you contact me if you have trouble opening or have concerns about your purchase. (firstname.lastname@example.org).