Also included in
- ********Google Slides™ w/ Type-able Text Boxes and PDFs Included:You have Full Permission to Modify for your students. It’s yours- ENJOY! You can still purchase & use the PDF to use on your platform********This Big Bundle of Five Contains: 40 passages for close reading, assessments, weekly home$25.00$39.00Save $14.00
- ********Google Slides™ w/ Type-able Text Boxes and (Hardcopy) PDFs Included:You have Full Permission to Modify for your students. It’s yours- ENJOY! You can still purchase & use the PDF to use on your platform********5 STAR "This has helped me tremendously with implementing close reading in my c$89.25$127.50Save $38.25
- ********(Original) PDFs and Google Slides™ w/ Type-able Text Boxes Included:You have Full Permission to Modify for your students. It’s yours- ENJOY! You can still purchase & use the PDFs to modify on your platform********This is a bundle of 2 bundles with 100 Close Reading Passages: 84 Informati$65.45$93.50Save $28.05
You have Full Permission to Modify for your students. It’s yours- ENJOY!
It has been requested by many teachers to place on Google so they can share it for Distance Learning. You are free to create a Google Slides, Doc, etc. or use and modify it with ANY other digital platform. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 STAR "Thank you so much for this creative, user-friendly close reading resource! I was originally just looking for a simple, grade -level passage of Cinderella and with this packet I got so much more! These are great close reading passages and questions that I can use with my students. Thanks!" - Jett's Jitterbugs
Celebrate the classics! Fairy tales, fables, morals, and lessons learned.
In this unit, you will find 6 Fairy Tales and Fables Themed Passages. Each story has 5 response pages. Four questions on each question page.
Titles in this file:
1. Friendly Little Red A retelling of Red Riding Hood
2. The Frog Prince
4. The Magic Fish
5. The Magic Goose A retelling of: The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg.
6. The Monkey and the Lion
This unit equals over a month of homework!
Each passage has five activities.
Key Ideas and Details
Graphic organizer for paragraph focus.
Graphic organizer for asking questions.
Question page with text dependent questions for RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3
Craft and Structure
Vocabulary question page with text dependent questions for RI.3.4
Note: Each word was carefully chosen for the purpose of text evidence!
Integrate personal opinions, connections, and creative extensions.
This unit can also be used as assessment for the standards addressed. Questions are clearly marked with Common Core Standards.
***Full Answer Key Included***
***Custom Literature Text Coding Poster***
***Three Day (Day by Day) Close Reading Breakdown Lesson Plan***
***Fable and Fairy Tale Unit***
These passages are retold by me from public domain. They are significantly different than those found on public domain. As with all of these types of passages there is a lesson and theme. You will be pleasantly satisfied with my lessons as I focus on telling the truth, being happy with what you have, hard work and dedication.
This unit can also be used by other grades as RI.1, RI.2, RI.3, and RI.4 are similar across many grade levels.
Original works of
© 24/7 Teacher LLC
For more on Text Coding, Text Structures, and Close Reading of Informational Texts.
Click HERE to see my Interactive Notebook for Informational Text, Text Structures, and Close Reads.
"Helping your children become text-dependent!"
Each monthly unit has history, biographies, science topics, holidays, and more!
Designed for Close Reading: Other uses includehomework, social studies, or science.
Text dependent questions are designed for text evidence responses!
Each passage is written at FOUR levels.From first to fifth!
Each passage has five or more activities. Use for guided reading!
Each passage can be used as week-long homework!
Click below to see more of each individual unit in the file.
Click the green links to see the titles included in each unit.
All informational texts are original. Literature or fiction pieces are either original pieces written by Joe Harrod or retellings by me from public domain. Original pieces are the copyrighted works of Joe Harrod, operating under the umbrella entity of 24/7 Teacher LLC.
If you have colleagues interested in my work, please respect the DMCA by directing them to my store. Your purchase is for one classroom only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to print for more than one classroom. If you have any questions please communicate with me: at www.247teacher.us!
All rights reserved by J. Harrod. This product may not be distributed digitally such as through any usb flash drive or mass storage device. Under no circumstance can this product be uploaded to any cyber sharing platform such as a server, drive, network, wiki, or digital cloud storage unless approved by 247 Teacher LLC. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Thank you for recognizing my hard work and directing your colleagues to my store.