Also included in
- If you are looking for a lot of different activities to celebrate Halloween with your ESL students, then this bundle is perfect ! Fun activities, vocabulary, pronunciation, various games: everything has been designed to be fun, efficient and engaging for both the students and you, the teacher.Some$21.00$27.00Save $6.00
Your students will have so much fun discovering these Halloween Mystery Pictures while playing with diphthongs! It’s a simple yet very effective way to practice phonology.
Each grid is filled with words containing vowel diphthongs. Your students will have to identify the correct pronunciation of the words before coloring the picture following the given color code.
Please note, contrary to the pictures, the given words are not Halloween related.
Here are the pictures and the diphthongs used in the corresponding grid:
- a spider, /ei/, /ai/, /ɔɪ/ and /əʊ/
- a jack o'lantern, /ei/, /ai/, /ɔɪ/ and /əʊ/
- Frankenstein, /ei/, /ai/, /ɔɪ/ and /əʊ/
- a skull, /ei/, /ai/ and /ɔɪ/
- a candy bag, /ei/, /ai/, /aʊ/
- a ghost, /ei/, /ai/, /aʊ/ and /əʊ/
A complete answer key is provided.
You can assign these mystery pictures at the end of a lesson on diphthongs, give them as homework or use them with your fast finishers.
This resource is at the same time a fun Halloween coloring activity and a great way to practice phonology. I’m sure your students will ask for more!
If you like mystery pictures (color by code pictures), make sure to check our custom category:
On our blog, we have published specific articles (in French) which you might like reading:
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this!
You can also follow me on , on or on !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. Please read TOU included in the file.