Do you need activities for basic concepts skills? Look no further for simple yet engaging activities to practice language skills needed in daily living activities. Students with language learning disabilities, including autism, learn better with visual cues, and with repeated practice. Here are functional life skills file folder activities for special education classrooms or independent work in speech-language therapy, where students can talk about their choices.
• Find items on a grocery shopping trip using categorization
• Recognize coins; including visual matching, coin name, and value
• Use digital or analog clocks to create, reproduce a daily schedule with fun graphics
• Associate objects with their activities; connect objects to functions
• Sort visuals of more/less and full/empty
Easy to prep materials will last for years, saving you time and money. Make therapy easier!
If you're looking for more language in life skills activities, try these:
Click on the Follow Me button above to be among the first to learn about new resources!