Here are 7 life skills file folder activities for special education classroom,
• The first 2 activities are preparatory for finding items on a grocery shopping trip.
• The next activity is a basic coin recognition activity.
This activity matches the front to back of coins, the number of cents value and the coin name.
• The next activity shows digital clocks
(while we’ve decided that the only analog clocks the kids ever see are on the classroom walls, those have been included for you to use as well), and allows students to associate a time with an activity that is consistent; such as getting on the bus, getting to or leaving school, lunch or dinner, etc.
Clocks are provided along with activity icons. Arrange them in a sequence that works for your student(s) and have them match.
• The next activity is similar to the first, but involves activities and objects, rather than places and objects.
• Added to this pack of functional skills is a pair of math concepts; more/less and full/empty.
If you're looking for more life skills activities, try these:
problem solving resource
parts of the house and their contents
placemats and table setting activities