AAC resources that make implementation of core word strategies for early communicators so much easier! If you are looking for materials and activities to teach your beginning AAC communicators here is a fantastic bundle of my 6 More Core Words Books and the companion Teach Me 6 More Core Words strategies and activities to teach core words resources.
⭐ There are clinician created interactive books illustrating each of the 6 core words featured and giving students practice with using them in the books.
Included in the activities pack are:
⭐ communication boards of different sizes to use; including
* a board for the first 6 words,
* a 36 location board the words from 6 Core, More Core, and 6 More Core words filled in (this provides for stability of location as more words are added),
* large picture/word cards to hang up in the classroom as a class communication board,
* and a set to use for the core word Word Wall
⭐ Pizza Parlour simulation activity, where students practice using core words (especially want, on, off, yes, help) to role play ordering, making and eating pizza.
⭐ Who’s hiding here? activity, where there are animals stuck in a barn, asking for “Help” getting “out.” (Or the farmer asks for their ‘help’ getting out).
⭐ There is also an alternative “Help” activity, where students identify the presents they ‘want’ and ask for ‘help’ getting the presents out of the box(es).
⭐ There is a dressing figures for the weather activity. The kids are going out to play in the snow. They want help putting their clothes on. They will want help getting them off when they have finished their snowball fight and come in for hot cocoa.
Core word communication boards and cards can be used during the activities as needed. The 3X5 cards are very handy to have throughout the activities and are larger than the images in the aac systems, and more manipulable.
⭐ Data sheets are provided for time delay prompting for errorless learning
This bundle represents a discount from buying the 2 resources separately.
You might also like Activities & Games to Learn a Year of Core (the first 6 months)
My sets of Core Words Books and Teach Me Core Words activities continues to grow. Check back often.
• AAC Core 10 Weeks to Communicating with 40 Core Words
• AAC Core Vocabulary Bundle 5 sets of Interactive Books for AAC Users
• AAC Core Vocabulary Getting Started Kit bundle for Beginning Communicators
• AAC Core Vocabulary More of the Core for AAC Users
• AAC Core Vocabulary Phrase and Sentence Building Practice Game
• AAC Core Vocabulary Roll a Phrase or Sentence
• AAC Core Vocabulary Use Storybooks to Teach Opposite Adjectives
• AAC Core Vocabulary Using Storybooks to Teach Emerging Communicators MORE
• AAC Core Vocabulary Using Storybooks to Teach NO