If you are looking for materials and activities to teach your beginning AAC communicators here is a fantastic bundle of my 6 More Core Words Books and the companion Teach Me 6 More Core Words strategies and activities to teach core words resources.
There are clinician created interactive books illustrating each of the 6 core words featured and giving students practice with using them in the books.
Included in the activities pack are:
communication boards of different sizes to use; including
* a board for the first 6 words,
* a 36 location board the words from 6 Core, More Core, and 6 More Core words filled in (this provides for stability of location as more words are added),
* large picture/word cards to hang up in the classroom as a class communication board,
* and a set to use for the core word Word Wall
* Pizza Parlour simulation activity, where students practice using core words (especially want, on, off, yes, help) to role play ordering, making and eating pizza.
* Who’s hiding here? activity, where there are animals stuck in a barn, asking for “Help” getting “out.” (Or the farmer asks for their ‘help’ getting out).
* There is also an alternative “Help” activity, where students identify the presents they ‘want’ and ask for ‘help’ getting the presents out of the box(es).
* There is a dressing figures for the weather activity. The kids are going out to play in the snow. They want help putting their clothes on. They will want help getting them off when they have finished their snowball fight and come in for hot cocoa.
Core word communication boards and cards can be used during the activities as needed. The 3X5 cards are very handy to have throughout the activities and are larger than the images in the aac systems, and more manipulable.
data sheets for time delay prompting for errorless learning
This bundle represents more than 20% off buying the 2 resources separately.
You can find them individually here for 6 More Core Words
and here fore Teach Me 6 More Core Words
You might also like Activities & Games to Learn a Year of Core (the first 6 months)
My sets of Core Words Books and Teach Me Core Words activities continues to grow. Check back often.